Another paint color thread - Help!

cind11July 27, 2014

My 20 year old daughter is home from college this summer and wants to change her pink walls to chocolate brown. We picked Sherwin Williams 6088 - Nuthatch. I told the guy at the paint store we did NOT want a paint that looked gold. Well guess what? One coat of paint is on her walls and especially in the lighter areas of her room, the paint has a decidedly gold cast to it. My husband is not happy after his work and paying for paint we don't like. I told him not to put the second coat on until we figure this out. The carpet is a neutral beige. (At least I think it is) The room gets a lot of light beginning mid afternoon and then by late afternoon is flooded with light. Any suggestions for a coffee colored or chocolate brown paint with no funky (especially yellow or gold) undertones?? Thanks!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tibbrix

Yes, get a black-based chocolate brown. BM Midsummer Night is gorgeous. Or BM Dragon's Breath.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 5:34PM
theclose

Well, Nuthatch is definitely more coffee colored than chocolate. I have what I consider a dark chocolate brown in my bedroom. Have had it in my last three masters. Love love it. BM Middlebury Brown. Here is a pic. Might be too dark for you but figured I would throw it out there.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 7:37PM
dakota01

I have BM Caravelle in my kitchen with cream cabinets and a dark floor. I really like it.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 8:37PM
cawaps

I have Behr Wild Horse in my dining room. Quite a bit darker than Nuthatch and not gold at all.

Bookmark   July 27, 2014 at 10:07PM
More Discussions
Is Restoration Hardware bedding worth it?
I've been searching for the perfect white quilt for...
artydecor
There has been much lighting talk… thought I'd share my new chandy's
We are trying to wrap up our new build. Still a way...
aktillery9
When do bronze window frames work well in the interior of a home?
I'm replacing single plane aluminum windows. My interior...
texasgal47
Does anyone know how to find a painting seen in a movie?
About a month ago, we were going out for dinner and...
pickyshopper
Best Color For a House Flip
Hi all, i need some color choices for a house flip....
sprtphntc
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™