Can't decide. . . Shiloh or Wellborn?

ekbecker1May 15, 2013

I want to do white or soft white cabinets. The place I am working with carries both Wellborn and Shiloh. I need some help deciding between the two lines.

I am not doing inset doors or anything particularly custom. There are door styles in both lines that would work for me. I am ok with the fact that Wellborn is not plywood. I do want soft close doors and drawers and am willing to upgrade. My biggest concern is that the color look good with my large, white woodwork which is painted BM Decorator's White throughout the house.

My GC likes both lines and uses them extensively, but he seems to favor Wellborn a little for my house and says the Divinity color blends well with existing white trim.

Does anyone have experience with these 2 lines and have any advice to give me? What made you pick one over the other? I'm looking for a quality cabinet, but I don't need or want top of the line. My number one priority is that the paint finish be durable. . . I have 3 young children and my kitchen gets a lot of use.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
andi_k

I never looked at Wellborn, but I love my Shiloh. We have soft white in the kitchen with 2 very messy boys...and one coffee-spilling DH. So far so good!

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 3:36PM
heleneglucksman

We made a decision between these 2 cabinet lines in our renovation. Big factor was the lack of an upcharge on the inset from Shiloh. Went with those in Arctic White which was the whitest white. Our house was dark inside and we wanted the brightest white. I don't think Shiloh is construed as top of the line, rather a good mid-priced cabinet. My overall impression was that the Shiloh seemed sturdier. Shiloh had a nice finish on them but painted white cabinets will ding if you whack them hard enough with a pot edge.
Helene

Bookmark   May 15, 2013 at 3:55PM
kate21

To Mykitchensdone, I have same Arctic White Shiloh cabinets ( to the ceiling) and am trying to choose a trim color that will flow seamlessly... Mind sharing what trim you used and any pics? Thanks much!

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 4:11PM
ekbecker1

Andi_k, I was wondering if you could share the color you chose for your painted woodwork. I have nearly decided that I will go with Shiloh. . . .So now I am trying to decide on which of the whites. My woodwork is very similar in size and shape to yours. I love how your woodwork matches nicely with the cabinets.

Bookmark   May 21, 2013 at 4:44PM
More Discussions
Bungalow galley kitchen layout
Hello GW'ers! I'm new to the forum and have been so...
motok1w
Week 45: He'p me!
He'p me! I have no idea what to ask about this week,...
CEFreeman_GW
Kitchen/House Reveal - DIY with Scherr's RTA. Better late then never
I have been meaning to post here for years but I really...
toddimt
Do your pendants swing?
I am putting pendants over my kitchen island. I will...
zorroslw1
Question for those who have Painted Conestoga Cabinets?
Curious if you went with mdf or paint grade center...
aries61
Sponsored Products
Monorail 2 Inch Square Dual Feed Canopy
Lightology
Traditional Concealed 1 Outlet Twin Thermostatic Shower Valve (Oval)
Hudson Reed
Ways to Hang Coat Rack in Multi-Color
$39.99 | Dot & Bo
BL7 Wall Pendant
Design Within Reach
Simply Sno SnoKone Machine
$379.00 | FRONTGATE
Tempered Mirrored Glass 72" High Watergarden Fountain
Lamps Plus
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™