prayers please

annieluSeptember 1, 2008

Hi all,

Haven't been on here for awhile, but I need some prayer. I twisted my right knee about 2 weeks ago, and ended up in the ER. They took an x-ray and suggested I go see an orthopedic doc. Well, I did, and he says my knee is shot and I need a knee replacement. I've had trouble with my knees for a couple years now, and just thought it was cuz I am getting older. The ortho doc says I have no cushioning in my knee, so it's bone against bone. It's painful at times. He gave me a cortisone shot to see how it does and to take time and think about surgery. So please say some prayers for me!

Luv u all!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anjabee

Hi annilu!! OUCH! Sounds very painful and of course we'll add you to our prayers! So are you going to do the surgery? I know 2 people who had it done and they said the surgery was a breeze, but the physical therapy after was tough. But...you are already in pain and what's a few more weeks of pain if you can live the rest of your life without it. Let us know what you decide and ((hugs)) to you. ~Anj

Bookmark   September 1, 2008 at 11:55AM
luvstocraft

So sorry to hear about your knee, Annielu. I know it is a hard decision, but you really must have the surgery if it is bone against bone--only way to get any relief from the pain I'm afraid. I'll certainly remember you in my prayers too. Luvs

Bookmark   September 1, 2008 at 6:32PM
annielu

Thanks anj and luvs. I am going to have the surgery, but hubby wants a second opinion. I probably will have the surgery in January, because that's when it's slow at work. Doc says I'll be out at least 6 weeks. I just want the paint to stop!!!

Bookmark   September 2, 2008 at 12:02PM
learningtopaint

Hi annielu
Of course you will be in my prayers. My hubby has had surgery on his knee and is much better now. It still bothers him when the weather gets damp and cold but he
says it is nothing like the pain he was in before. Remember this too shall pass and all will be fine soon. God bless you and your family.

Bookmark   September 4, 2008 at 5:17PM
More Discussions
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucille
A Few of My Things
I don't remember what I've posted but thought I'd share...
phonegirl
Decorative Painting Books
Can anyone recommend a really good "how to"...
jeannette
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Rock painting
Are there any rock painters here? I would love to get...
netla
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™