About me.

colorgalJuly 15, 2008

Hello. I'm new to this forum. I have been tole painting for the last 10 years. I spend a lot of time doing it and I have made a lot of projects over the years, just for family and friends. I mostly like to paint on wood but I will give other things a try. Right now I am painting a scenery on a saw for the first time. It's taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. It's very tiny work and my eyes can only stand working on it for so long.

I'm always trying to learn new techniques. I figure even if I do paint, there is always so much more to learn.

As soon as I figure out how to post the pictures. I will show you some of my work.

Colorgal

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
anjabee

Good morning and Welcome Colorgal! So glad you decided to join us. We would love to see some of your work. As you know, painting is very visual so if you need help posting pics please ask. There is a tutorial on the Discussions page of this forum. Look up in the upper right hand side of the screen to change between Discussions (talk about painting and some pics), Conversations (where we come to gab about anything) and the Gallery (lots of pics). We look forward to getting to know you. I have a long 2 man saw I want to paint one of these days so I'll look forward to seeing yours when it's completed! =) ~Anj

Bookmark   July 15, 2008 at 10:34AM
luvstocraft

I'll jump in here and add my welcome to you also. We love to have new people join us, and really enjoy and appreciate seeing everyone's work. Just follow the tutorial step by step and you will be able to share your projects with us in no time. I only learned about a year and a half ago with Anj's help--and if I can do it, anyone can! ;o) I have two rusted round saw blades that I haven't painted yet--but might someday. Can't wait to see your's all painted up. Luvs

Bookmark   July 15, 2008 at 12:15PM
colorgal

Thank you for your welcomes. I will try and figure out the posting of pictures soon. My small is a smaller one. I don't think I could do a 2 man saw. My eyes are having a hard enough time getting through this one.
Colorgal

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 3:38AM
calirose

Hi colorgal and welcome. I am not new to THS but don't post regularly. (trying to do better)

Aren't these the finest group of people on this forum!!!

rhonda

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 10:15AM
luvstocraft

Colorgal, on our main discussion page, the first or second post is a how to for posting pics that Anj did for all our "newbies". If you follow it step by step, you should be posting pics in no time! ;o)

We are so glad to have you and Calirose joining us--the more the better! I would so love to have our forum just buzzing with discussions and pics of projects, wouldn't you?

Now I need to get moving and start working on some projects so that I will have more to share on here too! I find that I get distracted and procrastinate waaaay too much! LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   July 21, 2008 at 12:30PM
More Discussions
Easter Bunny Yard Art
Another bunny jumping over an egg. This one is 33x47...
anjabee
New projects in the Gallery!
If you haven't checked out the Gallery in a while,...
anjabee
Wow, what happened here?
This is new. Hope I can figure it out. I guess they...
anjabee
Painting patio cushions - what type of paint?
There are a number of places selling "special"...
karyn
Hello!
Been a bit since I've posted. Just came over to put...
anjabee
Sponsored Products
Imax IK Paola Thai Silk Pillow with Down Fill - 42172
$158.99 | Hayneedle
Tempo Lodge 30 in. Tilt Swivel Bar Stool with Arms - 1301-121130-TL-ESPRESSO-BAC
$418.00 | Hayneedle
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Cambridge Silver/Ivory 9 ft. x
Home Depot
Steve Silver Cornell Server - Espresso - CN500SV
$600.00 | Hayneedle
Global Views Block Clock - 9.92088
$872.50 | Hayneedle
Surya Turner Turquoise Throw - 50 x 60 in. - TUR8406-5060
$36.98 | Hayneedle
Fima Frattini by Nameeks S5311 Single Hole Bathroom Faucet - S5311CR
$549.92 | Hayneedle
'Shower Me With Love' Personalized Canvas