Teaching ornaments this weekend

paintingfoolJuly 6, 2010

I just got back from Pennsylvania and New York. Had a great time at my neice's wedding. The mountains were beautiful - but cold! And it is nice getting back home. I shopped at the antique stores, they have so many nice things and the prices are much lower than here in the south. I picked up 44 baby spoons and demitasse spoons, will post pics later after I decide what I am going to do with them.

I will be teaching this weekend at our annual Ornament Paint In with our chapter. The little wood ornament is from Hobby Lobby and the Santa is from AC Moore. This is the time of the year when I really start painting, mostly ornaments and Christmas items.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pezabelle

Both are so beautiful but I do love the Santa! His face is so full of expression.

The rose orny looks like it is made of enamels, what did you use as a sealer? and where do you find the cutouts?

Thank you for sharing!

Belle

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 11:32AM
luvstocraft

Just commented over on the other side Bebe. Neat projects and so well done as always. Luvs

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 4:41PM
paintingfool

Belle, the rose ornament is made of wood found at Hobby Lobby. The varnish I used is called Triple Thick by DecoArt. It makes a glass like finish. You have to work quickly with it and then it will self level. I love it for small things.

Luvs, thanks for the nice comments. I love painting roses and Santas.

B

Bookmark   July 7, 2010 at 10:14PM
pezabelle

Now I get it! Didn't know you posted one on both sides......

By the by....sounds like you had a great trip. We have a lot of antique stores in Chehalis and Centralia...twin cities and most are moderately priced. They are a favorite day outing for cold winter days. It is shocking so see so many childhood "things" fast becoming antiques, especially when I am still using them as everyday things.

Belle

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 12:19PM
luvstocraft

I hear you Belle--and I've seen my everyday plates and some of the pictures on my walls in TS recently! LOL

Luvs

Bookmark   July 9, 2010 at 4:47PM
More Discussions
Snow man door hanger question
Crafts and Decorations forum is very slow, so I thought...
donnas_gw
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Valentine painted items
Have a couple of items I've painted for Valentines...
luvstocraft
Sharing a few Christmas items
Unfortunately no new Christmas painting this year,...
luvstocraft
Where are all of the painting people?!
Helllloooooo....... I haven't been here in ages, and...
franksmom_2010
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™