Little House in Little Rock on tv

writersblockMay 12, 2014

I know that the little house in Little Rock has some fans here, so I thought I'd post this link to a regional tv segment about it.

And tiny house aficionados, she knows that at 600 sf it's not a tiny house. That's the tv channel calling it one.

Here is a link that might be useful: Little House in Little Rock on Garden Home

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texasgal47

Writersblock, thanks for posting the link. I watched the whole episode and greatly enjoyed it. Their house is very well thought out and looks workable. The tiny houses on trailer beds, I can't picture those being comfortable for the long term.

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 2:45AM
Iowacommute

I love that house, and it's very popular on the tiny and small home sites. It's a Tumbleweed plan that was originally owned by Jay Shafer. Tumbleweed has a couple of other plans (I think up to 850 sqft) which are a similar style to this house. They're all meant for sort of narrow lots though.

This is one of my favorite small homes. My biggest problem (and many of us on the tiny and small home sites) we need stairs. I am also afraid of the appraisal of a small home like she mentioned in the video. We had a horrible time with an appraisal when we sold our last home and do not want to go through that again. We may just do a cash build because of it.

Bookmark   May 13, 2014 at 9:59AM
ladyamity

Why didn't I think of that?????

Thank you so very much for posting this video as it's given me several ideas for my 1445 sq. ft. home.

We have a round dining table almost exactly like in the video.
I love it. It has some sentimental value.
But it's a pain when we have more that 4 extra people over for a birthday party or any type of gathering.
Wheels....brilliant!
Again, thank you!

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 1:06PM
marti8a

That is one of my favorite plans too. If I ever build again, I would like to do it, with some of the same modifications/enlargements they did. I'd have to have stairs too, and a larger bathroom.

Bookmark   May 15, 2014 at 7:26PM
shelayne

Oh my goodness, that is ADORABLE! Besides being so cute and cozy, it is also very functional.

I, too, would have to have stairs. I am just not that thrilled with climbing ladders now, so I can imagine in a few years it would be even less fun.

Bookmark   May 26, 2014 at 9:28PM
writersblock

Yes, I don't like the ladders, either, and it appears that even younger folks are having second thoughts about it. If you watch the video for this really cool tiny house, the very young guy who owns it explains that he didn't do a loft because ladders and drinking don't mix.:)

Here is a link that might be useful: minim house

Bookmark   May 28, 2014 at 12:06PM
More Discussions
Help for me coming soon...
My family and friends have been praying for that all...
desertsteph
Mama Goose - a question?
Hi Mama, I saw in one of your posts that you have painted...
idie2live
knife sharpener help
I need a knife sharpener. I have 1 knife sharp enough...
desertsteph
How many square feet is your "small home"
My house is 859sf. It has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath, but...
tlbean2004
Tiny House Forum?
I like this forum- but I sometimes think that we could...
angiepangie
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™