efficient small ranch plans? Please?
Anyone have simple single story plans?
We are having a very difficult time finding useful, efficient ranches for a single story. Most of the plans on the large web sites are unmitigated junk, depositing rooms here and there, master suites the size of our entire current house, and growing bump-outs and gables like tumors. And what is it with a kitchen bar, dinette, and dining room?
Here are our living desires:
1) 3 bedrooms and a multi purpose (swing) room for library or guests
2) 2 full bathrooms
3) Mudroom with dog-washing area or connect to a bathroom
4) mudroom from outside to kitchen
5) walk in or large closet for one bedroom
6) living and dining areas, could be combined
8) bathrooms to be accessible from public spaces, not accessible only through the big bedroom.
I think this can be fit easily within 2000 sq ft or less, perhaps no less than 1750 sq ft. A house that large would seem huge to us. Here in New England it would have an equal sized basement!
The idea is to have all amenities on a single level as we age, ADA accessable, New England needs a mud room, and we have varying numbers of family guests and dogs.