DS's Castle Project....

anjabeeMay 17, 2010

Hey ya'll. I think a few of you had wanted me to post pics of DS's castle project. Luvs knows that a few years ago we had to do this for DD and what a big project it is. Doesn't look like much, but it's very time consuming especially when the child is an unwilling participant. ha Anyhow, here it is. I think he did a really good job on it. I was just there to wield the hot glue and the utility knife and help with measuring. Now, it's pretty big....the first thing the teacher says this morning as we take it in....That's not desktop size!! DS says he forgot! Sigh.

The castle....The keep and church along back wall.

The working drawbridge, rocky ledge and moat. The stable, gatehouse, armory
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
luvstocraft

That turned out great Anj. I'm so impressed by all the details. I like the "water" and the rocks and the working drawbridge--awesome! The "straw" on the roof, and the banners and knights and horses and all the other equipment really adds that realistic touch. I still remember being very impressed with the other one too. Tell DS it turned out great--and that's saying allot because cardboard is NOT that easy to work with. Luvs

Bookmark   May 17, 2010 at 11:19PM
phonegirl

Oh Wow, that is fantastic. It looks wonderful and so much detail on it. Hope DS gets an A+ on this one. Tell the teacher, it depends on who's desk she's talking about.haha Thanks so much for taking the time to post so we could see.

Punk

Bookmark   May 18, 2010 at 9:24PM
pezabelle

Anj.....Awesome! Simply Awesome! So much detail. Did he paint the windows or use tape? Job well done!

Belle

Bookmark   May 19, 2010 at 12:22PM
More Discussions
Peg people
It has been years since I picked up a paint brush. I...
petuniaxyz
Chocolate Bunny Yard Art
Chocolate Easter bunny jumping over an egg. This is...
anjabee
Large old Mexican Flower Pot
This has been outside for years but needs to be repainted...
bluey48
Plastic shelves?
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but: I...
lucillle
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™