Which lampshade should I choose (PICS)

natesgramJuly 27, 2012

I'm trying to decide on more casual looking lamps than my previous ones. I'v already purchased the lamp bases and like the color and feel in the room. They are a wine color, not red or marroon. I thought I'd look for pillows in wine/blue/beige. For info, the size of the base is 6" diameter, size from bottom of base to bottom of socket is 17 1/2". I would prefer to use it with the harp like this:

I purchased two different kinds of lamp shades and I have pics below with my new drapes. Note that the plastic is still on.

Lampshade A

"Soft white, top 7" diameter, bottom 17", slant height 11".

Lampshade A w/drape and wall color

Lampshade B

"Taupe, top 10" diameter, bottom 16", slant height 11".

Lampshade B w/curtains

I have two identical lamps above that I will be replacing the more formal brass ones with. Do either of the above work, and can you help me choose?

Here is a previous link with the room layout. Most of the changes made are the addition of drapes, a wall photo gallery of family photos (oh my!!!), and blue and white faux hydranges in the tall green vase. My sofa color is a little lighter than Lampshade B.

Oh, one more thing. The piece between the socket and lamp is silver. I don't mind changing that to black. We are also going to change the socket to a 3-way for more light.

Here is a link that might be useful: Previous link w/more room pics

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
CLBlakey

I like the first one for when the light is turned on not too yellow but the second one matches the curtains when it is off I wonder what the second one would look like with a cool white bulb.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 5:58PM
marti8a

I don't really care about the shape of that shade with the lamp. Have you thought of a short drum shade with it, kind of like this one?

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 6:53PM
marti8a

I didn't notice that the 2nd shade was different than the first. I like it better than the first.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 6:55PM
natesgram

Good catch marti, actually I mistyped B slant size, instead of 11" it is 10". DH just changed to a 3-way bulb. I'll take another picture after dinner. I like the look of the drum shade but not sure on what size to look for.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 7:03PM
marti8a

This has the same size bottom diameter as your 2nd shade.

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 7:19PM
More Discussions
Family Room - Tiling the Fireplace
Moving at typical glacial speed, I am now turning to...
oldbat2be
who has grey kitchen cabinets?
would appreciate info from people who have grey cabinets...
mainewire
kitchen cabinets --- minimizing regrets
the GIVENS; small L-shaped kitchen is part of small...
mainewire
We could have some fun with this house
This house is in a town not far from me. The price...
Sueb20
HGTV Fixer Upper show
I have been reading in blog land about HGTV's new show...
ratherbesewing
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™