First Glass on Glass

gardencroneJanuary 13, 2010

I hit paydirt the other day at a stained glass shop. A large tub of glass pieces that were going to be tossed! The glass fairy must have been looking out for me. I thought I would try glass on glass pieces in preparation for doing the doors of an entertainment center. At any rate, I certainly had enough stashed glass plates to give it a start. Will have to figure out how to hang it when it's done...haven't thought of that yet. I realize now that I need to learn to CUT the glass, not just nip it to smithereens.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15975307@N06/4271670866/in/set-72157623173929800/

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Calamity_J

WhooHoo! A glass score! Always like to hear about those!!! This looks great so far, very nice design!

Bookmark   January 13, 2010 at 9:06AM
nicethyme

duh, I went to your pages and commented there but not here. sorry, lovely work really! congrats on the glass score!

Bookmark   January 13, 2010 at 10:36AM
katishooked

I do so love those oportunities to pick up some goodies. You do get a nice assortment of glass to use. Your work i great. Keep it up.

Kat

Bookmark   January 13, 2010 at 7:04PM
gardencrone

Thanks all. Have been in mosaic desert what with the holidays and nasty weather in FL. Want to finish my MG, but have to do indoor work. Has been fun to play with the new glass. So appreciate your kind encouragement!!!

Bookmark   January 13, 2010 at 9:41PM
calinromania

lucky girl!
no one ever throws away anything here. or i just don't know where to look for things...

:(

Bookmark   January 14, 2010 at 6:54AM
texaswild

Your nipping looks good to me. That'll be a rosey little number. I especially like your red/black coffee plaque.

Bookmark   January 14, 2010 at 8:28AM
jenel

That looks great! I love the balance of the design, and that pink glass is scrumptious. Like strawberry ice cream.

Bookmark   January 14, 2010 at 9:16AM
gardencrone

Jenel....don't say ice cream...I can feel my hips expanding as I imagine! lol. Thanks too Cal and Slow, it keeps me going when I hear good things. I am still working on my ideas for the background. Wish it were easy, but then it wouldn't be so rewarding.

Bookmark   January 15, 2010 at 2:31PM
mandala72

Thats looking like a pretty good starting point to your career with glass on glass.

Its such a versatile medium. I did some a few years back, in the form of round mandalas,
take a look if you like:

http://www.lightmandalas.co.uk/Gallery.html

Here is a link that might be useful: Stained Glass Mosaics

Bookmark   January 30, 2010 at 6:18AM
silvamae

Wow, I just saw this post. Beautiful! Congratulations on the haul - those opportunities are few and far between.

Bookmark   January 30, 2010 at 10:34AM
More Discussions
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™