MAC glue Question

katishookedJanuary 31, 2009

I've heard a few talk about MAC glue. I also went to MMs and read their bit about it. Does it do as well as GEII outside in all weather conditions??? I live in TN and might give it a try for some things. Thanks

Kathy

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
charmo

Hi Kathy! Although I just started to use MAC Glue myself, I've read on this forum and others as well that it is the best for outdoors, snow, rain, sun and everything. It is easy to work with and it goes a long way as well.

Bookmark   January 31, 2009 at 8:34AM
nicethyme

its expensive though, I only use mine on gog. I haven't used it outdoors though

Bookmark   January 31, 2009 at 9:02AM
silvamae

I really like it; I haven't used it for outdoors yet but I have read good things about using it outdoors. It does seem expensive, but if you are careful, it only takes a small amount for each piece. I apply straight from the bottle, and if a too-large amount accidentally comes out, I scrape it up and use it on the next piece.

Bookmark   January 31, 2009 at 4:16PM
mermaidmosaics

Hi Kathy, After talking with the Tina, who had MAC glue made, I decided t use Mac glue on my post project. Tina has info on her website all about stepping stones she used mac glue on so I went for it.

So far so good, no problem with tess faling off in th the grouting process so heck you can either wait to see what happens to mine, or try something on your own. She says it is made to be used as a MARINE glue so I am thinking wet outght to work not sure about the cold part but.. you might want to go the the macglue site, i think it is macglue.net but not sure

good luck

Bookmark   January 31, 2009 at 10:19PM
ktulip11

Hi all,

I used Mac glue for the first time this week on a gog project. It was fabulous. I place a small dot on my glass and used a paintbrush to spread it. Don't need to use much so the expense is probably the same as other glass. No streaking on the back, and no grout seepage underneath. Once its dry forget moving the piece though.

Haven't put it outside yet, not sure I can.
Kathy

Bookmark   February 1, 2009 at 8:58AM
More Discussions
please help!!!!
hi! im trying to get into working with glass and i...
fpc3
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
Bonding mosaic tile to metal
Hoping for some advice here--planning a mosaic sign...
sheloolie
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™