House in a box

Shades_of_idahoApril 21, 2012

Thought this was interesting. Wish there were more pictures. This looks like some thing that some one wanting a smaller living space would be able to take ideas from.

Here is a link that might be useful: House in a Box

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
schoolhouse_gw

Yes, very interesting. Thanks for sharing.

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 12:35PM
Moccasin

Shades, I became so interested in it, I sent the link to several of my friends. One sent me back another link, which I'll put below. It is the group that Brad Pitt, Ellen DeGeneres, maybe George Clooney etcetera are working with, in New Orleans. Affordable homes for working class families, and focused on the lower 9th ward in the city. If you look at the map, you'll see how many homes they've already done, what the floor plans are like, and the exterior look. I think the plans are available.

For small homes, I think our time has come. More plans featuring GREEN LIVING are being offered. I hope Scott is listening, and takes a look.

Here is a link that might be useful: MAKE IT RIGHT NOLA.

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 10:31PM
Shades_of_idaho

I think these houses are so cute. Even if a person could not do it exactly as these are built there are so many ideas to be considered. Course I am loving the solar part. Since the city got the solar grant and install I have enjoyed watching the money add up. I know it will probably not pay for itself but has done really well so far considering we have just come through winter.

These self sustaining houses are so right for the area and conditions these people have to live through on a regular basis. I love some of the quirky shapes. thanks for doing more research ML. Was happy to see more on this.

Bookmark   April 22, 2012 at 11:15PM
More Discussions
Artistry of home construction
When MamaGoose explained the concept of the Construction...
Moccasin
Is anyone else having trouble getting on this new Houzz site???
If you're having trouble (which I did) use your email...
lavender_lass
Mise en place
I give you a link to an NPR article about the above...
Moccasin
Small Home, trying to figure out window blinds
Long time lurker but my first post here. We are currently...
simplylane
Tiny House Forum?
I like this forum- but I sometimes think that we could...
angiepangie
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™