Club Chairs - where to buy?

domino3July 26, 2012

I am in the market for some neutral moderate sized club chairs (no more than 32-36x38-40) for my small living room. My taste is traditional (e.g. WS Home) but my price point is probably no more than $800 per chair. They will be for reading and entertaining and I have 3 kids.

My question is where to shop? I want to sit in them so hesitant to order online. I've looked at PB, Macys and C/B. I am in CA...any ideas?

Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
davisgard

I have a couple of sets of club chairs (one set is a modified wing back/club chair). I think you might be better off focusing on manufacturers rather than retail outlets. One set of mine is from Broyhill, the other from Rowe.

I'm in California, too--northern California. I think I bought both sets at Naturewood (in Sacramento). But you might look at some of the manufacturer sites and then use the store locators to find out who carries what you like.

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 5:42PM
martinca_gw

The last time Ilooked, most new upholstered furniture was of a larger scale than I prefer. My solution was picking up great chairs at thrift shops and reupholstering. I found a gorgeous,tufted- back Baker club at a Goodwill for $8.00! . I am in Ca . where There are lots of reasonable Upholsterers if you only require a simple job.

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 7:52PM
palimpsest

Room and Board has three locations in California. They sell a lot of smaller scale pieces.

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 8:00PM
domino3

davisgard- Good point. So are you happy with your Broyhills? What about Bassett? Drexel? Ethan Allen?

I would love to troll the thrift stores to find a great reupholstery deal but frankly I don't have the time to keep checking back at those places. I have been looking on CL with no luck yet.

Going to check out Room and Board..

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 8:22PM
LeslieP

I am looking at club chair "style" also. I am considering chairs made by Sam Moore. They are swivel rockers and are just under six hundred and smaller scale. I cannot find any reviews however which does concern me a little and I thought buying new furniture was going to be fun!

Bookmark   July 26, 2012 at 8:36PM
davisgard

I have been happy with both the Broyhill (which don't get used much) and the Rowe (which get used a lot). Both are large, though, so probably wouldn't work for you!

Bookmark   July 27, 2012 at 6:42PM
More Discussions
Ellen's Design Challenge final - spoiler alert
Spoilers below -- but, I really want to know the answer. I...
edie_thiel
How to respond to social backlash aimed at your mid mod aesthestic? R
Today's retrorenovation blog was filled with subjects...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Best Color For a House Flip
Hi all, i need some color choices for a house flip....
sprtphntc
Chalk paint?
Hi everyone, I'm thinking about doing a wall in my...
lisa_mocha
Lighting suggestions for extremely dark kitchen
My first post since site has moved, although I've been...
peacamp
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™