Old House Dreams

mama goose_gw zn6OHApril 10, 2011

Hi everyone, I found a wonderful blog that I wanted to share. I've been scrolling through, looking at the kitchens, but all the pictures are interesting. The homes are all sizes, and square footage is listed, along with street views. I know there are several 'old house' lovers among us, so enjoy.

Warning: Click on this link ONLY if you have lots of time to spare!

Here is a link that might be useful: Old House Dreams

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Shades_of_idaho

OH How fun. Thanks Mama_goose.

I especially enjoyed where they build a mantle around the bump outs in the rooms in the second house. A great was to make silk purse out of a sows ear.

LOL at the outer only painted floor.

Wish we all were redoing those two houses . What a fun time of it. Those silk drapes and pretty colors in the one house. Loving it. Can't wait to go through some more of her posts.

Thanks so much!!

Chris

Bookmark   April 10, 2011 at 1:19PM
Moccasin

Mama, I had to subscribe to the RSS feed for that site so it would never get lost. Did you see how many homes they had on that site? And so well organized.

That 1884 Octagon up in MN sort of gives me images of your home, with the garden especially. I did not see a bathtub in the yard, but I saw the nice places to sit outdoors in a spacious area, very rural looking. And comfortable.

I also noticed the lavender shutters and door, and the lavender walls in one room. Someone has a serious lavender addiction.

I cannot wait to explor some of the 20 Alabama houses to see what gives there.

It is too close to dinner for me to do more exploring tonight, but I promise myself not long.

Bookmark   April 10, 2011 at 6:47PM
lavender_lass

ML- What's wrong with a lavender addiction? LOL

Shades- The outer only painted floor is great. Reminds me of a This Old House episode.

Mama goose- Wonderful link! I'll have to come back, when I have more time to enjoy it :)

Bookmark   April 11, 2011 at 5:59PM
kimkitchy

Oooo, thanks mamagoose! I saved that site to my "favorites" so I can go back and waste lots of time there. Love looking at all the pics!

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 12:00PM
marti8a

LOL LL. I enjoyed browsing though that blog too, mama goose. Thanks for posting it.

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 4:29PM
mama goose_gw zn6OH

I'm very happy that you've all enjoyed it. I have a confession--I've gone all the way back to page one! It seems that new houses are added every day, so I plan to check back often.

Bookmark   April 13, 2011 at 7:22PM
Moccasin

Mama, it is a great way to satisfy my yen to see old houses. However, this month has been full of visitors for us. It makes me want to check my horoscope, which I never do, to see what in the world is going on. You'd think that south Alabama would be off the beaten track, but apparently not. Today I am being visited by a friend not seen for 12 years, who has been working in Africa. And then tomorrow my college roommate is coming. It is so lovely to take a work break and have a visit break. Love it love it. But it does delay my browsing and reading. :)

Bookmark   April 16, 2011 at 10:26AM
More Discussions
Anyone tried a far infrared sauna in a small home?
Santa broke out in guffaws when he read my email for...
nancyinmich
window in shower
We moved into our small ranch home (1000 sqft) about...
schnauzerluvr
This "makeover" is too bad to continue with. Too bad.....
" I agree with Paul8511 "going elsewhere...
pyreneesparent
lavender_lass
So where are you? New house? Still looking?
Imhappy&Iknowit IOWA zone 6b
upper shelves in kitchen
Ok I am having someone make me some upper shelves in...
agmss15
Sponsored Products
Heron Set Of 4 Double Old Fashioned Glasses
Classic Hostess
IC25R 5" Shallow IC Rated Remodel Incandescent Housing
LBC Lighting
Contemporary Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Kas Rugs Rugs Today's Mahal Mocha 5 ft. x
Home Depot
Urbancase Sidebar - Walnut - Urbancase
$3,300.00 | HORNE
Peri Bronze One-Light Halogen Wall Sconce with Vanilla Matte Glass
$166.50 | Bellacor