Batt choice

stitcheasy2003December 20, 2007


I am a bit confuse of what to use to put in oven mitts.

It was suggeted to use Thermolam Plus (polyester) , or cotton batting.

If cotton batting What name or type? I have always heard never to use polyester. What do you use? Thank you

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

I haven't made mitts, but I use cotton to pad my ironing board. I'm sorry I can't recall the name of it at the moment, but it is thin and comes on a roll, and may come pre-cut in packages also. You layer it to get your needed thickness. I think I got it at the Walmart sewing section the last time.

    Bookmark   December 20, 2007 at 1:26PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo

You can't use polyester batt, as it conducts the heat, that is why you use cotton batt.
Kathy G in MI

    Bookmark   December 21, 2007 at 12:25AM
Sign Up to comment
More Discussions
Anyone use Singer Touch 'n' Sew?
My Singer is one of the old Touch 'n' Sew's from about...
a place to order
My family room has windows all around . It is nice...
The little Singer 15- made her way home today!
I went back to the Thrift Store and asked the clerk...
Sewing Plus Size Clothing
Does anybody here sew plus size clothing for re-sale?...
sewing machine about to die?
I have to admit I have had quite a few problems all...
jjjjade H
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™