Purses

cajun_girl_1948December 29, 2006

Would anyone have patterns for sewing homemade purses. Tks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
mamabear4

I have a Simplicity Crafts pattern 7098 from 1998 that makes a variety of styles, but have never taken it out of the envelope. A lady at Curves was making them before Christmas using football motif, and selling them like hot cakes. I did find this link but it is not free.
http://henriettashandbags.com/Craft_Ideas.html you might find something here is all else fails.
This must be a hard one to find.

Here is a link that might be useful: handbags

Bookmark   December 29, 2006 at 8:14AM
mamabear4

I recall that someone posted some photos of a nice quilted handbag just before Christmas. I went back 5 pages on the quilting site and 6 on the sewing forum and cannot find it. I recall that someone asked about the pattern and there was no response. Perhaps you can find it if you have time to search. Photos were posted with the message.
If all else fails, I could mail you the pattern. If you return it, it is fine, and if not, well I am not sure I will ever use the pattern. We can talk about that if you would like to have it. It is Simplicity Crafts 7098. Have you checked the pattern books? Let me know what you find. This has style A through H in quilted body with hand and shoulder straps.

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 4:08PM
keepeminstitches

Hi, I have made lots of purses and have directions in my computer. Let me know if you would like them snail mailed (I can't email them b/c I can't duplicate some of the drawings on the computer). Hopefully, you will be able to follow my directions; if not, please feel free to email or call me. If you go into the Sewing Gallery, under "2 Purses and a Book Cover", you'll see an example of one I made..it's the black purse. The other purse is a different pattern called the X-Bag that may be purchased from Four Corners Designs (I can't share those directions due to copyright issues).

Mary

Bookmark   January 1, 2007 at 9:22PM
Rene54

there are lots of free patterns for purses and totes on the internet, just go to your search engine, or google and type in free purse patterns, some will be for crochet, some sewing, below is a site I found, they sell patterns but also have free ones on this page, Rene

Here is a link that might be useful: purse patterns by henrietta

Bookmark   January 2, 2007 at 5:35PM
stitcheasy2003

hi
Here is a free pattern to do a purse. its under free patterns. also do a search on free purse pattern. or purse pattern you will get some.
http://craftandfabriclinks.com/

Bookmark   January 3, 2007 at 6:37AM
More Discussions
Anyone use Singer Touch 'n' Sew?
My Singer is one of the old Touch 'n' Sew's from about...
socks
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
josephene_gw
The little Singer 15- made her way home today!
I went back to the Thrift Store and asked the clerk...
caroline94535
Singer toy sewing machine question
Hi, I have a Singer Sewhandy toy electric sewing machine...
philanna273
Should I buy this old Singer?
... Can you tell me how I find when it was made? It's...
caroline94535
Sponsored Products
Blue & White Jumping Horse 26-Oz. Water Bottle
$7.99 | zulily
Lässig Gold Label Hobo Shoulder Diaper Bag - 2001350
$161.49 | Hayneedle
Steelcase | Node Stool with Five-Arm Base
YLiving.com
Green Trotting Horse 17-Oz. Water Bottle
$7.99 | zulily
Leather Envelope 4 x 6 in. Photo Holder - 869-BLACK-5
$40.00 | Hayneedle
NuFace Mini Facial Toning Device with Extra Bonus Gel
$199.00 | FRONTGATE
Closet Max Closet Organization 20 in. Over the Door Garment Rail (4-Hook)
$13.92 | Home Depot
Neiman Marcus-Stamped Coin Purse
$65.00 | Horchow
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™