absence really does make the heart grow fonder....

aka_strawberrygoatNovember 6, 2009

I've missed all the action here...

it was time for an overhaul at home and that's what I did...

got a dumpster delivered to the yard...

filled three of them, from junk around the outside of the house..

filled two more of stuff from inside the house.

now I can begin to focus on art work again...

I'm loving the free feeling it brought me.

I didn't expect it, though others said it would be a freeing feeling..and it was.

mosaic supplies were not touched and I haven't given up on doing more of it but I had been very busy with the china painting..

gonna try to post a picture of a portrait I did....

here goes...

he's a sheepherder and there were 5 separate firings for him, at around 1,700 degrees...

one day, I was in my instructor's studio and she went in to take a nap...she said to do whatever I wanted, so I decided to tackle something different than what I was used to...I love the look of wrinkles, texture and a face that tells a story..this is where I plan on doing more study...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Girlie: So glad to see you back. WOW - w/love to have gone shopping in all your throw-aways. This is a fabulous painting. GEESH, you're talented. His intent stare is striking, as well as the transparency of his beard against his strap. His hair and beard are something!!! You are some kind of artist, girl. Do you also paint on canvas? Hope you'll stay w/us and get back into mosaics. W/love to see some mosaic work from you. I remember your exhange gift as being so very unique.

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 9:13AM
cathyscache

Oh STRAWBERRY what an amazing painting. It's just wonderful. That stare really grabs you...I immediately thought he looks kind and wise. Wow I love it. Know what ya mean abouting the organizing. I did that recently and wow what a good feeling when it's all done. I plan to it every 6 months from now on. Thanks for sharing, so glad your back

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 11:53AM
silvamae

The eyes! Wonderful. The hair; I just want to touch it. You are amazingly talented.

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 3:57PM
texasfern

The eyes are captivating! Glad to meet you and hope to see some more great art!

Bookmark   November 6, 2009 at 5:57PM
katishooked

AKA, I know the feeling of purging unused, unwanted stuff to get a more organized feeling. At least that is what I feel when I purge some of my stuff.
As for this painting, I am always in awe of anyone who has this kind of talent. His eyes are so intense in their stare. The details of his hair, face and clothing are amazing. Love it. Don't stop.

Kat

Bookmark   November 8, 2009 at 7:42AM
emtnest

Aka, nice painting... but you said your fired it? What kind of paint? Is it ceramic? I paint too but never fired anything...????

Bookmark   November 12, 2009 at 12:10AM
Calamity_J

WOW!!! Great work!!! You are getting real good at this!!!

Bookmark   November 18, 2009 at 11:57AM
tiffy_z5_6_can

Wonderful painting! I found myself staring in his eyes and 'feeling' his expression. You are really great at this - beautiful!

Bookmark   November 21, 2009 at 11:15AM
More Discussions
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
Dog portrait
this is a commission, I opted to complete the background...
nicethyme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™