Kids and pumpkins

sunshine_funshineOctober 5, 2007

Here they are painting their pumpkins. The kids planted, tended and harvested these pumpkins with a little help from mom and dad. They are very proud. I put them outside with some paint and brushes and said "go at it." DD got lots of paint on her body, but I think there's still more on the pumpkin. DS painted three of them. There are several more to carve later on. They had a good time. It was 85 degrees that day too. DS sold three pumpkins to his aunt-for $20! One of them was 40 lbs!

"http://i181.photobucket.com/albums/x65/sunshine_funshine/kids/20071005015.jpg" target="_blank">

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
bamasusanna

Oh SF!! They look like they're having the time of their lives! They even planted them? How cool is that?
This will be a great memory for them.

Bookmark   October 5, 2007 at 11:24PM
nicethyme

TOO CUTE!

we love pumpkin carving here, just waiting for cooler weather or they won't last to Halloween.

Bookmark   October 8, 2007 at 4:06PM
sunshine_funshine

Thanks guys!

Yes, I've had to confiscate a few butter knives that they thought would be sharp enough to carve the pumpkins. They liked painting them pretty well. They paint something almost everyday, so I figured it might as well be some of the stack of pumpkins we have.

Halloween is also DH's birthday so it's a BIG deal around here. Both kids decorate their rooms with orange and purple lights and that danged black tinsle that I DO NOT LIKE 'cause it's all over the house! But, I keep my mouth shut and let them do whatever they want. This is all stuff that I wish I had had the opportunity to do when I was a kid. Creativity is really important to DH and I, so we try to inspire that in our kids too. DS has it in his blood. DD-well we don't know what she has in her blood yet. LOL!!

Bookmark   October 9, 2007 at 12:28PM
More Discussions
Need grout colour suggestion.
I have been working on this project through the holidays...
tiffy_z5_6_can
please help!!!!
hi! im trying to get into working with glass and i...
fpc3
My last commission of 2014
A dear friend's sister commissioned me to make this...
silvamae
I have been making some mirrors...
I am enjoying looking at all of your mosaics and I...
angs_pool
Hi, I have been looking at this forum for a while now...
cajunlady68
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™