Need some opinions on DRESS Forms

redpennyNovember 20, 2007

I want to get my son a Dress Form for school......I have been looking at all different brands..........I asked my son when he makes things at school does he have to make them a certain size like a size 6 or size 10 he said NO.

What size he makes is up to him......So I start looking at different dress forms....I really like this dress form

Uniquely You Dress Form, Zippered Cotton Cover over Pinable Foam Rubber Foundation with Stand -

I spoke to one of the creators of this dress form and he stated the cover which goes over the form body is like a girdle that it fits snug to the Foam Rubber Foundation

I really like this one Link below

http://www.sewingmachineoutlet.com/uydressform.htm

Then I also like this one link below

http://www.sewingmachineoutlet.com/df603.htm

I talked with someone from the store and they said this was a very good dress form.

I am not to sure about the Singer or dritz dress forum...

so any help is appreciated.

Red

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ruthieg__tx

I don't know anything about dress forms but JoAnns has the Dritz on Thanksgiving sale for 89 dollars...

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 8:20AM
bonnie-w

I have the singer dress form and it is totally useless. It is the most unnatural shape. The nobs used to change measurements are very hard to turn and unless you have very a "perky" bustline you are out of luck for fitting. I use it more for hanger projects on than fitting. Would not waste my money on it even with a coupon.

I looked at the first one you listed and I think that would be your best bet. Being able to pin into it would be great.

Just my opinion
Bonnie

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 9:46AM
redpenny

Bonnie,
I agree with you I am not to crazy about the nobs on some of the dressforms I have seen plus they don't really seem to have enough cushion to pin a pattern. I really like the
Uniquely You Dress Form, plus I like the idea of the Zippered Cotton Cover and the idea of Realistic bust with adjustable "bust string" to obtain natural cleavage plus it is Ultra durable - you can hem on it, steam press on it, pin it, drape on it, baste on it, design and tailor on it with some of the other dressforms I would be afraid to steam press on them. Plus I like the idea several women can use the same form with the use of individual covers...
Thanks for your repley.
Red

Bookmark   November 21, 2007 at 11:34PM
More Discussions
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
kenmore 12511 machine woth cleaning and keeping?
My daughter has become interested in sewing. I have...
kellim45
Anyone use Singer Touch 'n' Sew?
My Singer is one of the old Touch 'n' Sew's from about...
socks
sewing machine about to die?
I have to admit I have had quite a few problems all...
jjjjade H
Sewing eyelet material onto T shirt to make it longer?
The eyelet material is not stretch. Of course the T...
hobby_libby
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™