What can I make with this?

barb_roselover_inNovember 20, 2010

I have a piece of fleece approximately 18 inches wide that I would like to make into something to put over my shoulders for warmth at night sitting in bed. I saw somewhere a straight like scarf that had a pocket in each end of the scarf for your hands. I would appreciate any suggestions. I think I would need some way of curving it over your shoulders so that it would not keep sliding off, but maybe not. - Barb

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
nanny98

I bought a "shrug" that is a piece of fleece probably the 58" width (actually measures about 70")x 22" inches wide at the center. It is then tapered to the ends to 12" wide. It is sewn together to form sleeves...13" from tapered end toward center. Ribbing is attached as in a long sleeve t-shirt. You just stick your arms into it and the light weight fleece drapes over your back/shoulders. I love it as I read in bed and too often my arms and hands get too cold. Hope this works for you. Nanny

Bookmark   November 21, 2010 at 1:45AM
msmeow

Barb, maybe you could make darts in one edge where you'd like it to curve around your shoulders.

Donna

Bookmark   November 22, 2010 at 4:19PM
carolb_w_fl

Oh hey - look @ this....

Here is a link that might be useful: Sleeved cape

Bookmark   November 25, 2010 at 10:41PM
barb_roselover_in

I'm sorry that I did not get back sooner to thank you for your help in this. I did make it up first in one for myself (I have to put the cuffs on yet because I have already been using it with this cold weather.) I am also making one for my daughter. It was so nice for you to take the time to help me. Have a wonderful holiday season. God Bless! Barb

Bookmark   December 12, 2010 at 7:53PM
deevajo

This is just what I have been searching for. Thank you so much ladies for posting this information.

Bookmark   December 29, 2010 at 7:59AM
More Discussions
fabric for a pant suit
I have been wanting to make a periwinkle pant suit...
jewels247
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
Pleating help
Hello all. It's been a while since I asked a question...
cloybaby
Need drapery fabric problem advice
I had polyester draperies made and the workroom pressed...
sierrashopper
Can you tell me if this will work?
Since I have been socked in for four days now, have...
barb_roselover_in
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™