kitchen sink dilemma

vintgalMay 5, 2014

Updating a kitchen.. So far I have white cabinets, med dark wood floor, Corian countertops in whipped cream..I want this kitchen to have vintage feel.. There is a shelf over the sink window and the select cabinets have feet. My plan is to let my fiestaware provide the color. The dilemma is the sink.. Originally, the Riverby sink by Kohler was my focus..but I am concerned about chipping..The blanco diamond single bowl is an option but I am not sure it has the vintage look... Opinions welcome...

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
musicgal

I like the blanco diamond option. My friend has a sink like this that blends with her country French decorations. It just blends into the background if the counters are a similar material. I think they provide a clean palette to work from.

Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 11:46AM
Trebruchet

vintgal:

I think it's crazy to have Corian and not take advantage of seamed undermount sinks. No positive or negative reveals to catch/hide crud. If you don't like any of the solid surface sinks, you owe it to yourself to at least look at the stainless steel models from Karran. I've got the E330 "D" single bowl and love it:

Here is a link that might be useful: Edge Sinks

Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 2:39PM
vintgal

My previous kitchen had a solid surface integrated sink..after 15 years it had some cracks.. the sink has to be cut out to be replaced. that is a pricey fix.. that's why I am not going down that path. Stainless steel is not for me.. The kitchen appliances etc will be white...

Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 6:02PM
1929Spanish

Try Ceco sinks. They have been making sinks since the '20's. we used the 754UM for our 1929 kitchen addition.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ceco Sinks

Bookmark   May 5, 2014 at 8:20PM
More Discussions
Week 41: As we head into spring, what would you do to make space?
Tomorrow is March 1st. We can really, no longer say...
CEFreeman_GW
Walnut slab for island with sink
We are building a home and I am considering using a...
sherry0117
Here's as close to a reveal as I may ever get... :)
I'm not going to call this a reveal because I am not...
crcollins1_gw
Kitchen Layout opinions
Hi, due to some plan changes (for expense reasons)...
sfstanek1
Two toned kitchen love em or hate em?
I am loosing my mind. I originally wanted a dark shaker...
abick2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™