Can't resist a good bargain...& neither can the cat!

curbdiver1954April 21, 2008

Remembered on my way to work this AM that one of my fav TS's was having an everything 30-50% off day, giving the first 50 people a $5 disc card and a free resuable tote....can't resist such an offering, so I stopped there first. Got a few things that may go on my exchange bank, picked up the free tote and headed off to work.

Had a yucky day at work, came home early with a pounding headache, hung the tote on a chair in the dining room and went to lay down. 2 hours later DD called to tell me she's stranded (AGAIN!!) by her blasted van. Stumbled thru the dining room on the way to find the jumper cables, bumped the chair and heard the tote hiss and growl. Out popped our Grace - she who is little "Miss Prim and Proper" and would NEVER even think of crawling into bags, boxes, etc.

As I snapped this shot, she started scolding me loudly as if to say "How dare you disturb my beauty sleep!" and sank back into the tote! Grace and her littermate, Lucky, are 2 of the 4 babies DH rescued nearly 2 years ago after their mother abandoned them when they were 4-5 days old. He did all the round the clock feedings, taught them to potty, etc. He even taught Lucky (who was born without a right front paw) how to climb, jump and play.

Yes, my day is going much better now! LOL!

Pat

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
pjtexgirl

What a pretty kitty!!! I always think I have world's most bizarre cat until I hear about someone else's! LOL! PJ

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 10:38PM
crackpotannie

How sweet,love your kitty story.

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 11:09PM
Calamity_J

THANK YOU for the great story!!! I am a BIG fan of recycling and love your kitty story!! Love the bag too! The theme on my homemade biz cards for my garden art is *Recycle*Recreate*Reinstate*

Bookmark   April 21, 2008 at 11:36PM
texaswild

Oh, how cute that is. I'm always amazed at the antics of cats. ROSEMARYTHYME's cat is the only one I've ever seen that IF I were a cat person, I'd like to have. My DD gave it to them as a kitten. He's a Hemmingway Cat - five fingers, and is the most interesting cat to be around. He checks me out eyeball to eyeball every time I go there, especially when I'm wearing a hat. He gives me the once-over. He also DEMANDS attention - center stage at all times. He's is soooooo beautiful.

Bookmark   April 22, 2008 at 8:02AM
shrty411

What a cutie. You didn't know you got that tote for her LOL

Bookmark   April 22, 2008 at 9:39AM
squirrellycanadian

How cute is that!! I love cats, I see another one sneeking up to see what's going on, cats are so nosey.

Bookmark   April 27, 2008 at 10:28AM
More Discussions
mosaicing within old picture frame
Someone somewhere posted details on how to do this...
povertylodge
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
Outdoor Thermometer
Did this to go on our porch next to the kitchen door....
brokenbitmosaics
Back Splash Mosaic
I made a mosaic to go with the back splash behind our...
brokenbitmosaics
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™