replacing cutting blades on singer ultralock

rosegarden3November 18, 2013

I have a singer ultralock 14sh654. My blades were getting dull so I bought new ones. I was careful in paying attention to the position of the upper blade. However when I put in the new blade it does not work. It hits the lower blade instead of crossing it. I googled it and there just is nothing out there about changing the blades. The manual only shows how to change the lower blade.

Can anyone advise me on how to do this? I really don't want to pay the 60.00 my local shop charges to replace them.

Thanks
Rose

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

I've been sewing fovr over 55years,and one place i draw the line at is changing the blades on my serger'!!I tried it once many years ago and ended up taking it in and having them do it.

I took mine back to the dealer i've been going to for many years and the owner changed them for me,no charge.I would have gladly paid if he had charged me.

It's so worth the hassel to have those who know what they are doing to do it for you.

JMO
Kathi

Bookmark   November 18, 2013 at 8:33PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
lizzie2

I agree with Kathi. My dd broke my upper looper working on a heavy fleece, long story. Anyway, I ordered a replacement but when I went to put it on like you I erred somewhere and had to go to the shop. They used the looper I had bought and just charged me time less that $30. They had never had one break before. They may have discounted the repair as I am a 4-H advisor and send them members.

Bookmark   December 7, 2013 at 7:41PM
More Discussions
pls help, Brother needle bar question
Hi There, I bet this will be an easy fix for one of...
amandalynn
Small washcloths
I am fussy about big terrycloth washcloths that are...
barb_roselover_in
Singer Inspiration 4210 Feed Dogs do not move
I have a new Singer Inspiration 4210 that I bought...
MaterialGirl47
oval cape
I recently saw a BEAUTIFUL cape made of oatmeal sherpa...
mommalin
Roll call please
Just wondering how many of us made the change to Houz. Would...
kathyg_in_mi
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™