How many mosaics in your house ?

toomuchglassMarch 2, 2012

I'm just wondering how many mosaics (that you made ) in your house ? ( you can include your yard ) And of course -- how many stained glass pieces ?

Go count them. I'll wait...

Dum de dumm dumm da ...

doo de doo doo da ...

Are you back now ? Geeze , you're fast ! How many mosaics and / or stained glass pieces ( made by you ) did you count ?

The reason I asked is ..... I had a conversation in the stained glass store today with a lady . After telling her my backround , she remarked --

"OOOOoooohhh - your house must be so beautiful , filled with all your glass projects ! "

HA ! I have exactly 3 mosaic pieces & 2 stained glass items.All these years ,I've been making and selling things and never keeping anything for myself. Honestly ,my house is bare !

Now - I'm finally doing things for myself. I don't care who comes over and admires my stuff & offers to buy it -- it's all mine now. When I start something new ,

Dh always asks " where would you put it ?" I've seen houses that every wall was solid family pictures. I think I'm going to do that. Every bare space is going to be filled with my projects !

Oh YIKES -- I got off topic yakking about myself. Sorry !

Okay --- Spill it --- how many things did you count ?

:)

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silvamae

Okay, I have about 20 pieces; that's over a 12-year period, that's how many I kept. I have sold lots and given away a few. There were some things that I sold that I wish I hadn't, and I plan to be more selective in the future and keep the best!

Bookmark   March 6, 2012 at 11:37PM
texaswild

Every corner and all the walls are covered in art of some kind, many of my mosaics. The gardens are becoming crowded too. I've given away many and sold quite a few. Wish I had the ones I sold back, but where would I put them? I never tire of looking at the things I've made. I give many home/garden tours, but don't have the nerve to put a little box out asking for donations for my time. I'm just proud of my work and enjoy doing it.

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 9:07AM
silvamae

Slow, the one thing that bothers me is the blues guitar is gone. It had so many one-of-a-kind pieces, I can do one that is similar but I can't repeat it exactly. That is what I plan to do next, a blues guitar somewhat like the one that is gone. I have been collecting pieces here and there for it. Slow, you open your home and garden for tours, you definitely SHOULD put out a box for donations! You can use the $ to buy more stuff! I have been working on butterflies lately; finished two framed butterfly wall hangings and a pitcher and I am working on a 12"x12" butterfly on mesh for a donation.

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's blog - totem/bluebonnet photo

Bookmark   April 2, 2012 at 11:22PM
nicethyme

I would pay to see your house and gardens, Slow... AND TO MEET YOU!

I think there are 12 mosaics on display here in my hse, a couple more outside. If I had my way I would fill my hse too but I would have to be a single woman 1st! lol

Bookmark   April 18, 2012 at 1:33PM
scorelinequeen

100's of stained glass items from suncatchs to a 6ft tall fountain, but only 5 mosaics.

Bookmark   May 1, 2012 at 12:02AM
texaswild

Please post pictures on the other side, SCORELINE. We'd love to see your works.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 9:07AM
wackyweeder

I have a couple pieces of my own that are favorites, but most of the mosaic pieces I own are purchased pieces or even better-things Ive gotten in exchanges and as gifts. They are so special and delight me every day.

Bookmark   May 4, 2012 at 9:47AM
More Discussions
"Footprints in the Sand" Mosaic
Artwork of footprints in sand usually accompanies the...
segrieb
Thrift Store Remake....
I thought it needed a little something extra.
brokenbitmosaics
Outdoor Tabletop
Okay, I know Silvamae talked about this but I can't...
loribee2
How to break crash glass?
I have some solid pieces of crash glass that I'd like...
phish_gw
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
Sponsored Products
Living Room Tiffany Dragonfly Floor Lamp
ParrotUncle
15'' x 4'' Clear Refrigerator Organizer - Set of Two
$8.99 | zulily
Chaise Lounge Chair in Brown Hide
$849.99 | Dot & Bo
Breath Humidifier
$149.50 | FRONTGATE
Koncept Gen 3 Z-Bar Daylight LED Modern Floor Lamp Black
Euro Style Lighting