School Project -- Advice, please!

ceciliakyFebruary 13, 2012

I've done some research & searching ... followed by more research and searching. I still need some assistance.

It's a topic that's been covered here before -- the tile bench project for a school auction.

I understand the basics of how to put the project together. But I see there are a couple of different varieties of how we can make our benches: the mosaic tile or painting unglazed bisque tiles, firing them, and creating the bench that way.

Here are my questions:

-- are these benches winter weather proof? we're in Kentucky, so cold winters are the norm.

-- is one easier than the other?

-- how long to we need to assemble the project? we're at 6 weeks and counting. (short notice, I know!)

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
texaswild

Oh dear. I see no action on this side for a long time. Re your bench project, are you mosaicing a pre-made concrete bench? Need a little more info please. I've made a bench recently from scratch, and I mosaiced w/mostly dish shards. On all my shard work outside, the only winter problems have been a little chipping on red ceramic tiles from Lowes and a major problem w/a hand-painted plate I used in a birdbath. If you use porcelain tiles, there should be no problem. Your bench is probably completely by now. Sorry for the late response. You could have posted on the other side for a quick answer.

Bookmark   March 31, 2012 at 9:03AM
More Discussions
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
Thrift Store Remake....
I thought it needed a little something extra.
brokenbitmosaics
I Quit!
I've decided not to continue with my mosaic business....
wishdish
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™