Being asked to take a survey by iVillage

MoccasinMarch 9, 2010

Is anyone else being asked to take a survey by iVillage?

It turns out it is about female sexual enhancement products. I think that is totally inappropriate for this entire range of forums. But they did not ask my opinion about THAT.

Just wondering.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Shades_of_idaho

I was asked to take a survey and declined right off so never even knew what it was for.

Chris

Bookmark   March 9, 2010 at 2:35PM
trancegemini_wa

I get those popping up every now and then and I just close them down so I've never done the survey. It sounds like it's advertising related moccassin so probably best to just close them when they come up

Bookmark   March 9, 2010 at 11:01PM
emagineer

I agree regarding the content of the ad. It really doesn't belong on the site. Am not a prude, but was a tad irritating. And I can't remember if the site requires an age limit, which the ad should be subject to. Being facitious...I don't think we have a forum for this type of content.

As for answering surveys, never do it. But a few weeks ago I did want to thank I-Village for all they have done and giving us a great place for such a large amount of resources. Thought maybe the survey would get me there. Free isn't something we have much of in this day and age.
Didn't go any further after seeing that ad.

Bookmark   March 10, 2010 at 6:19AM
writersblock

Get a good adblock and you won't see any surveys, either.

Bookmark   March 11, 2010 at 7:26PM
pris

JMO but if this kind of advertising is allowed then why are we using symbols to spell out words like hell and ass not to mention mispelling crap? Personally, I don't like these kinds of ads on television or radio much less in a forum format such as this

Bookmark   March 17, 2010 at 4:30PM
marti8a

I get the survey thing every once in a while and always close it.

Bookmark   March 18, 2010 at 5:20PM
Shades_of_idaho

Posted by pris (My Page) on Wed, Mar 17, 10 at 16:30
JMO but if this kind of advertising is allowed then why are we using symbols to spell out words like hell and ass not to mention mispelling crap? Personally, I don't like these kinds of ads on television or radio much less in a forum format such as this"

OH Hahaha Pris. I thought we were using the symbols just to be nice and not offend. Guess we were just kidding ourselves. Darn computers they can do just about anything now a days. Weird how they can pick up on certain words.

I do not like the link thing one bit and keep forgetting to leave out a vowel. Will work on that.

Chris

Bookmark   March 18, 2010 at 5:56PM
dilly_dally

"I don't think we have a forum for this type of content."

There is plenty of discussion that would be related to something like this in the Menopause Forum.

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/menopause/

Even the Marriage Forum occasionally has discussion on this subject.

Also on the Conversations sides of many of the other forums women bring up this subject all the time too.

I've never taken the pop-up surveys here because the pop-ups annoy me. I have taken the surveys listed on the top of the pages though.

Here is a link that might be useful: Menopause Forum

Bookmark   March 31, 2010 at 11:54PM
More Discussions
Is anyone else having trouble getting on this new Houzz site???
If you're having trouble (which I did) use your email...
lavender_lass
Artistry of home construction
When MamaGoose explained the concept of the Construction...
Moccasin
Please, please show me your tiny bathroom
I would really like to see anything in the 30 square...
movinginva
ML - your new kitchen (or DR?) light fixture
I think I just saw one like it... somewhat anyway....
desertsteph
Family of 5 into 1500 sq ft
Hello! I thought I'd introduce myself since I've been...
pinkpanther5
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™