question for cosmikcat

blackcats13March 22, 2009

Hi Cosmikcat,

I read on the other thread that you were planning/hoping to pull up your lilac this summer. I'm just wondering what you are going to do with it. If you are just getting rid of it, and are somewhere on the north side, could you spare a cutting? Lilacs are my favorite. I haven't figured where to put one yet, but I know I must have one.

Thanks for reading,

BlackCats/Kris

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
cosmikcat

Well darn, we just got rid of it a couple of weeks ago! I would have been happy to give you some cuttings. As it was, the guys who cut it down, came on into my back yard and started cutting without letting me know they were there. I'm sitting at the computer, typing away and then I notice a noise. Kinda like a power saw. Exactly like a power saw. By the time I got to the back door, the bush was long gone.

The stump grinding was even more interesting. They couldn't fit their machine through our old gate. They ended up coming through the neighbors yard and even then had some crazy 90 degree turns to avoid misc. vehicles. What should have taken 10 minutes took over an hour. You've got to admire their determination.

There's nothing like tiny, urban lots is there? LOL.

Anyway...I don't think there's anything left of the Lilac. If I see something growing, I'll post here and we can arrange to get it to you.

Bookmark   March 25, 2009 at 5:50PM
More Discussions
Masonite Textured 6-Panel Hollow Core Interior Door
I would like to know if this door would be a very good...
joetoe
Mama Goose - a question?
Hi Mama, I saw in one of your posts that you have painted...
idie2live
knife sharpener help
I need a knife sharpener. I have 1 knife sharp enough...
desertsteph
Artistry of home construction
When MamaGoose explained the concept of the Construction...
Moccasin
Help for me coming soon...
My family and friends have been praying for that all...
desertsteph
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™