an AHA moment!

nicethymeJanuary 13, 2007

ever since Slowmedown posted the description of her wall treatment I've been dying to do it. I figured on doing my DD's room but that's probably a year away. WELL, I am working on my LR right now but I just did the fresco thing with joint compound and I'm color washing this week BUT... there's this "beam" that runs the length of the room along the ceiling 2' from the wall. It's the carry beam for the house but it's exposed because the front wall is cantalevered out 2', it's drywalled. I haven't touched it yet cause I didn't know what I'd do to it...I wanted to make it interesting but not over the top (dh couldn't handle that) It hit me today to go dig out the TON of brown packing paper from a shipping box in my trash. YEP I'm gonna do it! LOL I'm so excited - it's the first time I really like an idea for that thing. The drywall in this house is subpar and add 13 years of being a rental and you can well imagine why I'm compelled to cover it in any way I can... woo hoo I can't wait to try this! Thanks Slow!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
shrty411

Well, post pictures when you do it!

We must have the same cheap drywall. I can't get anything but the lightest pictures to stay up and I've used all kinds of anchors! A little tiff between a VERY sick dog and OLD cat put a softball size hole in it!

Maria

Bookmark   January 16, 2007 at 5:56PM
nicethyme

I didn't have wallpaper paste but I had Weldbond, so I watered it down and used it. Came up with a paint scheme yesterday but Dh really likes it as is... ??? it could stand but I'm not sure. BTW ignore the blue wall color, it's just the primer - that's going darker with a color wash.

anyways, I'm thrilled with this, it looks 100% better.

Bookmark   January 19, 2007 at 11:52AM
haziemoon

That does look great!!!
I want to do it someplace too. I just love the look of it!
Very cool!

Hazie

Bookmark   January 22, 2007 at 1:39AM
nicethyme

OHHHH, as I trudge through the prep and painting of this house... my mind wonders to the next mosaic. Man I want to do the back of my bathroom door! I can see ambers in an abstract... that room beckens for color! argh... time to put another coat on my coffee table and start trim out the LR walls... boo hooo

Bookmark   January 23, 2007 at 2:19PM
madhabitz

This is going to be sooo pretty when you're done. Oh man, what a lot of work. Gives me ideas, though. Bet that crinkled paper treatment would even work on the walls of this tin can I live in!

Bookmark   January 24, 2007 at 7:09PM
More Discussions
some mushrooms done
Hi, Here's some mushrooms that I made and mosaic'd....
lyndalu
slow has slowed down (only temporarily thank you very much)
Using DD's laptop for this message. Slipped in workshop...
texaswild
new floral
small new piece, 6" x 6.5" I'm calling it...
nicethyme
glass pattern for a cabinet door
Does anyone have a good website or pattern book for...
maryb116
What would you charge?
This is a rough draft of a piece I'm thinking about...
loribee2
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™