Marti...how goes the remodel?

lavender_lassFebruary 7, 2012

Marti- I thought I'd start a new thread, so we could get an update, on your remodel. I know you've been working on flooring, ceiling ideas, the addition of the dining room and some other things, too. How's it going? Any new pictures?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marti8a

At a standstill. I'm still doing cabinets, and dh brought home a new can of stain that he thinks is perfect and I think is the same color I was using before. lol

I just asked him when he was going to go by the city to get the foundation inspection done and he said tomorrow. Uh huh.

Bookmark   February 7, 2012 at 9:34PM
lavender_lass

So...it's going well? Did DH get to the city, today? Tell him, we all want to know how it went :)

It will all get easier, once you have some definite plans, with the dining room. Hopefully DH will turn on the charm and get that inspection done, so you can start building. I'm ready to fast forward to see what you're planning/planting for the courtyard, so I'm probably NO help, at all! LOL

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 2:18PM
marti8a

This is so frustrating. Yes, dh went to the city, and the secy said they were in the middle of negotiating contract with the company they've been using for inspections so she didn't know how much to charge him for the inspection, or when they would have a contract with the company so they could get them out here.

This city drives me nuts. I wish we could get de-annexed.

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 9:09PM
lavender_lass

Well, that's just ridiculous. So the entire city comes to a stand still...because they're negotiating a contract? Couldn't she have told you that, on the phone?

What a mess! :(

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 10:04PM
marti8a

Exactly what I thought.

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 10:18PM
More Discussions
I've lost interest in this project
The decorating forum said I needed a colored carpet...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
This "makeover" is too bad to continue with. Too bad.....
" I agree with Paul8511 "going elsewhere...
pyreneesparent
Please, please show me your tiny bathroom
I would really like to see anything in the 30 square...
movinginva
upper shelves in kitchen
Ok I am having someone make me some upper shelves in...
agmss15
It's Thursday....right? Let's have tea :)
Another Thursday (had to check the calendar to make...
lavender_lass
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™