Humor in the garden...X-posted on the cottage garden forum

lavender_lassFebruary 7, 2012

I thought some of you might enjoy this thread. It's pretty humorous, there are some cute pictures...and there's a funny story about my horses :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to cottage garden forum

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Moccasin

Thanks, Lav.
I read the whole thread, very nice. My escapades in the garden are not that interesting. Unless you count the time my rope hammock busted and I fell unceremoniously to the ground--which was padded by lush monkey grass, thankfully.

Or the wintry day I was moving cement blocks in the rain. I had about 50 of them to move, to create a wall to hold back a terrace, so it was about 3 blocks tall. I was working hard, it was cold. But all of a sudden, I saw smoke. I turned my head and looked for something to be on fire. Did not see anything, so continued, saw the smoke again, and stopped dead still. Yeah, I was working so hard, I WAS SMOKING!!! My arm muscles were smoking, like a horse does in the winter time when it is exerting itself. So I was burning those calories that day!!

Another day in the garden, I'd come home from working offshore after 3 months away, and was running the lawn mower in the tall grass down my the bayou. This was at my beloved little bayou cottage, MoccasinLanding. I took the clipping bag to dump out, and when it came out, guess what came out with it? TWO big fat sections of a snake! The diameter of the snake was like my wrist, both sections were, and there was no head and no tail. Needless to say, I stopped cutting grass that day.

Likewise the day I was trimming bushes and left a pile until the next morning and went back to remove it to the front yard for trash pickup. I was using a heavy long handled garden rake, and when I picked up the entangled vines and branches, underneath the pile was this very unhappy SNAKE. I thought if I poked at it he'd run, but oh not so easy as that--he charged me--and I ran like a coward, into the house. I watched out the window to see what he'd do next, and he hung around for a little while, then slithered off into the patch of bamboo near the water.
I am not really afraid of snakes, but I have a healthy respect for the damage they can make me do to myself.
:)

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 11:46PM
More Discussions
Okay, how about tea on Monday this week? :)
How is everyone? How was your weekend? I don't know...
lavender_lass
Is anyone else having trouble getting on this new Houzz site???
If you're having trouble (which I did) use your email...
lavender_lass
window in shower
We moved into our small ranch home (1000 sqft) about...
schnauzerluvr
Who has blogs...can we see them?
I know there's some disappointment with the new format,...
lavender_lass
How many square feet is your "small home"
My house is 859sf. It has 3 bedrooms and 1 bath, but...
tlbean2004
Sponsored Products
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: Safavieh Rugs Courtyard Blue/Beige 4 ft. x 4
$41.58 | Home Depot
Home Bazaar Club House Birdhouse - HB-2048
$148.50 | Hayneedle
Festonada Planter - A103592
$29.98 | Hayneedle
Iris Germanica Root Mixed 25-Pack
$19.99 | zulily
Scroll Hose Hanger
$12.99 | zulily