Ultracraft or 6 Square cabinets?

skubaMay 6, 2013

Hi Guys,

We are now down to choosing between Ultracraft destiny and 6 Square for our kitchen. It's a $3k difference to get the Ultracraft.

Both are quoted with playwood, blum hardware, maple sharker doors painted white.

Quote for 6 Square is $9k and for Ultracraft is $12k.

Main difference is that Ultracraft is frameless which adds storage space on cabinets and specially on drawers. Comestically I also like that on frameless full overlay it's not obvious to see the seams between the cabinet boxes attached to each other. On the 6 Square, because there is a reveal on each box, you can see between the reveals a little of a dark line where the cabinets touch each others.

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
NYMK

Hi Skuba. Got your email but it said I could not reply directly back to you. I have not gotten my cabinets yet. They are ordered and coming about the end of the month.

I ordered Shaker Wide in Low Sheen Artic White.

I can tell you that I do like that the fact that they are frameless. I don't have the biggest kitchen so the extra storage will help. I also like that they are semicustom so I could order a cabinet at 26 inches (instead of 27 inches).

I'm located in NY and I believe that each Ultracraft vendor has different pricing so you may want to check another vendor near you. Not sure what else I can tell you since I don't have the actual cabinets yet. Let me know if you have specific questions.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 12:05PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
remodelfla

A few years back when I was planning my kitchen I seriously considered using Ultracraft. I really liked their styling and construction. We ended up doing IKEA with custom doors but Ultracraft was a serious contender.

Bookmark   May 6, 2013 at 12:45PM
More Discussions
Layout review needed- please give feedback!
I think I'm getting closer to finalizing a plan for...
melis918
am I being too picky?
Ok, is my perfectionism is out of control..... I bought...
bicyclegirl1
Suggestions on this kitchen plan
Please give me your comments on this floor plan. The...
12crumbles
Small Kitchen Reveal - Complete with total redo of the plan during!
It was hard to even begin to post since my kitchen...
lurkerlisa
Silestone suede cemento for kitchen counters ?
I am considering this dark grey "cemento"...
jeannette10
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™