LOOKING for: looking for sugar - free Baked french toast

Leona DunnDecember 15, 2001

I found a recipe about a month ago on one of the sites for Sugar-Free Baked french toast. But it has since ben closed. Does anyone have a recipe for one.

Thanks in advance.

Leona

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ann_t

Leona, found this recipe, not sure if it works for you or not. You could serve it as suggested with applesauce or someother fruit.

I am one of those weird people who does not like my French Toast to be sweet. When I make it, I let the bread sop up all of the egg and then I fry it in just a small amount of butter or margarine and then I use butter and salt and pepper when I eat it. My husband and son both want the Maple Syrup.

Ann.

OVEN BAKED FRENCH TOAST

4 servings

3/4 cup nonfat milk
1/4 cup unsweetened apple juice
1 egg
3 egg whites
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla
8 slices sourdough french bread

Combine milk, apple juice, eggs, cinnamon and vanilla until blended. Place bread in zip-lock baggie and pour egg-mixture over (you may need to use two baggies). Press air out of baggie, close and place baggie flat on counter. Allow egg mixture to settle around bread. Turn baggie and allow egg mixture to settle again. Place in refrigerator (flat) overnight. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray pan with butter-flavored cooking spray. Place bread slices in pan and spray tops with cooking spray. Bake for about 10 minutes until bottoms are brown. Carefully turn and bake until other side is browned and toast is puffed. Serve with maple syrup or heated applesauce.

Nutrition Facts

Amount Per Serving: Calories 192 - Calories from Fat 30 Percent Total Calories From: Fat 16%, Protein 23%, Carbohydrate 61% Totals and Percent Daily Values (2000 calories): Fat 3g, Saturated Fat 0g, Cholesterol 54mg, Sodium 347mg, Total Carbohydrate 29g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g, Protein 11g, Vitamin A 175 units, Vitamin C 7 units, Calcium 0 units, Iron 1 units

Bookmark   December 31, 2001 at 12:41AM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: where'd alba go?!
Back in the day, when I could drink something filling...
chery2
recipe: plz help with cooking for picky skin cancer patient
I am new to this forum & just happened to see this...
whatagem123
RECIPE: Low Carb Diet
I really need your help. I was told to get on a low...
rabbit8
RECIPE: bread spread recipe for diabetic
My husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes, high...
marricgardens
RECIPE: Lactose free lasagna recipe
Looking for one for my lactose-sensitive son. I have...
jewelisfabulous
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™