Do you have a favorite bath salt recipe?

kim0201December 9, 2006

There are SO many great sounding recipes on the internet for bath salts. I saw one tonight where someone adds powdered milk to her mix which sounds interesting. I was thinking about making some bath salts for my female cousins/inlaws. I like to do small gifts for everyone & thought these might be quick to make and EZ to ship.

I was just wondering if you would mind sharing your favorite recipe here. Thank you & happy holidays.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terri_pacnw

I don't use a recipe.
I like several things in mine and the rest is up to my mood, or what's in the ingredient cupboard.
I like sea salt and epsom salt. I also like to mix in a bit of collidial oatmeal. (Aveeno~but Walmart has a knock off that is much cheaper, and I use that.) Sometimes I'll grate in some "butter", or mix in a bit of good "skin" oil. Glycerin is a nice medium to mix in the scent and color. But if a person has trouble with yeast infections, then adding "sugar" to their bath is not a good idea. In that case just use a nice oil. Jojoba, rice bran, safflower. Stuff like that. Powdered milk is a nice touch, powdered goat milk too...Really the sky is the limit.

Just play, have fun, and let everyone enjoy the good stuff!

Bookmark   December 14, 2006 at 1:34PM
kim0201

Thanks Terri. You've given me some good food for thought. Now it's just time for me to get creative. Happy holidays.

Bookmark   December 15, 2006 at 5:22PM
terri_pacnw

Kim, what did you come up with?

Bookmark   December 26, 2006 at 9:17PM
More Discussions
candle luminaries
I'm attempting to make candle luminaries by pouring...
eventgal
Candle newbie - problems topping off
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the candle making hobby, but...
mrbranden
wax fruit
Hi! New here. I am new to candle making, and I was...
basil45
Perfume for fragrance?
Hi there, Would anyone please be able to tell me if...
Littlek18
Rating the Suppliers
I am new to soapmaking. I have ordered from three of...
itsme
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™