LOOKING for: Post-op. jaw surgery recipes (liquid diet)

redhead-vixenDecember 12, 2008

I am going to be having jaw surgery on Feb. 9th, and will be put on a liquid diet for 6 weeks, so I am looking for some good recipes that I can try along the way. I plan on having the obvious breakfast shakes and what not (Carnation, Ensure...etc...) and I have a few recipes already for a few smoothies. But I'm curious to see if anyone else has any recipes that I can try?

Thanks.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
rusty2200

I am on day 13 of my jaw being wired shut. Ensure and Boost are a good way to get the calories and protein you need, but all that milky sweetness gets old fast. A good way to balance that is with drinking a couple of V8's throughout the day as well. I have found that putting pretty much any kind of soup in the good ole food processor works well. Chicken corn chowder has become one of my favorites. I also tried processing up some beef and bean chili that tasted great and was also loaded with protein.

To everyone in my situation, try to stay positive out there and keep your eye on the prize!

Bookmark   December 23, 2008 at 8:41PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
dunshay04

If you are about to have orthognathic jaw surgery there is a wonderful support group on Yahoo! Navigate to www.yahoo.com and click on groups and then do a search for orthognathicsurgerysupport. I'm about to have sugery on 1/22 and have been a member of the support group since 2005. We cover a lot of stuff there, including post-surgery diets. People are pretty adventuresome on what they put in a blender, including pizza.

Bookmark   January 1, 2009 at 8:25PM
More Discussions
RECIPE: why do diabetic desserts have all that sugar?
My DH was diagnosed with diabetes about4-5 years ago....
kennebunker
RECIPE: Vinegar Diet
See I told you I was old....I forgot my question which...
66fat
LOOKING for: Looking for Hunza Bread recipe
If anyone has a copy of this recipe, could you please...
Jacira
RECIPE: Nepro supplement for renal patients.
This was given to us from our local Renal Dietitian...
celtic_willow
LOOKING for: article in either womans world or first magazine
You were required to eat 1200 calories with several...
wishingsoon
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™