Rag jacket

kathyg_in_miOctober 10, 2008

Does anyone have the directions to make a rag jacket using a sweatshirt on the inside? They have pics of 2 different ones on this website.

Kathy G in MI

Here is a link that might be useful: Rag jacket pics

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
kathi_mdgd

Several ladies in our quilt guild have them and all they did was cut and sew pieces of fabric to the SS after cuttin off the ribbing.Some did squares,and some formed patterns like those on your link.All edges were left raw.
HTH
Kathi

Bookmark   October 11, 2008 at 3:36PM
kathyg_in_mi

Thanks Kathi,
I've only seen pics, so I didn't have a clue as to how they were put together. One more question, did they use flannnel or homespun cotton.
Kathy G in MI

Bookmark   October 11, 2008 at 8:16PM
kathi_mdgd

They used cottons and not just the Homespuns.Some used those funky cat prints and assorted colors to go with it,others did use homespuns of all colors.Most said they just went into their scrap collections.HTH
Kathi

Bookmark   October 12, 2008 at 2:24PM
susie53_gw

Kathy, McCalls has a pattern similiar to what you are asking about. It is M4798. They are having the patterns on sale for 99 cents from the 19th to the 25th at Jo-ann Fabrics. Do you have one close by? If not, I would be glad to pick you up one and mail it to you. It would only be a couple bucks. Just let me know.. This pattern is not put on a sweatshirt but could easily be done this way.

Susie

Bookmark   October 17, 2008 at 10:05AM
kathyg_in_mi

Thanks Susie, but I will be sure to stop at Joann's next month and check it out. I did get a pattern for one, from a lady at a quilt store, but she wasn't wearing the jacket, so I didn't get to see it in "person". I made a quilted one and it is great and I get stopped all the time for it, they even try to buy it off my back!
Kathy G in MI
Oh yeah, my old phone number ended in 4798, I won't forget that pattern #, thanks so much.

Bookmark   November 15, 2008 at 11:33PM
More Discussions
Don't want to mess this up Please Help!
I'm wanting to make a doll for my granddaughter using...
skyanne_9
questions about sewing lipped cord onto draperies
I am sewing drapery panels that will have a 2 foot...
lsst
Small washcloths
I am fussy about big terrycloth washcloths that are...
barb_roselover_in
sewing curtain that has print on one side
I wanted to make curtain that have the print side on...
tropical_thought
The little Singer 15- made her way home today!
I went back to the Thrift Store and asked the clerk...
caroline94535
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™