LOOKING for: Looking for Cream of Cauliflower Soup recipe

Songbird_MONovember 10, 2002

Several weeks ago I found and printed off a recipe for this, and I am quite sure it was on one of these recipe forums. I bought all the ingredients, then couldn't find my recipe copy...DUH!! Could anyone help me out?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ann_t

Found this recipe that was posted recently. Not sure if it is the one that you are look for or not.
Ann.

Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
Posted by: aka_Raeanne (My Page) on Tue, Oct 8, 02 at 13:17

Level 1 - Pro/Fat
This recipe has been around a while and I don't know who to credit it to. But it is so tasty and it is great for the fall/winter months ahead.

Cheesy Cauliflower Soup
1 medium head of cauliflower chopped
1 medium onion chopped
1 stalk celery chopped
4 cups chicken stock
1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce
1 cup cheddar cheese - grated
S & P to taste
chopped chives

Put cauliflower, onion, celery & stock in crock pot, cover and cook on low 6-8 hours.

Puree the cauliflower and return to crok, add cream, worcestershire and cheese, add salt and pepper to taste, stir to mix, turn to high and cook thoroughly, garnish with chives.

***The last time I made this I wanted enough to freeze some. So I did 2 large heads of cauliflower, 2 onions, 2 stalks of celery, 1 more cup of stock and I only used 1 cup of heavy cream. I find that it is creamy enough when you puree the cauliflower. I also puree using my hand blender, it is easy to use and clean-up.

I also have McCormick's Hot Shot (black & red pepper blend) and sprinkle on top instead of chives. Adds a nice little zing to it.
Note: The recipe above for the cauliflower soup should have 2 cups of heavy cream- but I always use one

Bookmark   November 15, 2002 at 10:32PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Songbird_MO

Thanks, Ann, that's the one!! I'm anxious to make it. We eat a lot of soups in the wintertime, and I like to make my own when I can.

Bookmark   November 16, 2002 at 2:16PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: yeast-free and dairy-free bread
I'm allergic to yeast and lactose-intolerant AND I...
Jane
RECIPE: substitutes to use in place of eggs in baking
Use any ONE of the following recipes to substitute...
Filus
RECIPE: why do diabetic desserts have all that sugar?
My DH was diagnosed with diabetes about4-5 years ago....
kennebunker
LOOKING for: Looking for Hunza Bread recipe
If anyone has a copy of this recipe, could you please...
Jacira
LOOKING for: honey, oil & vinegar
I used to take a mixture of honey, oil and apple cider...
Robin Beaumont
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™