LOOKING for: Alexander The Great bread recipe

Terry AlexanderNovember 7, 2001

I am looking for the bread recipe that launched an achient Army across mountians and valleys. An Army that was never defeated. Can anyone help... Thank's.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
greenlady_zensearch_com

That is the same as what has been discussed as "Hunza Bread," which incidentally has nothing to do with the Hunzas.

Scroll down and find almost any of the Hunza Bread topics, and there is a recipe.

Bookmark   November 9, 2001 at 6:25PM
kimodell_ix_netcom_com

Be sure you don't confuse the Hungarian "Hunza Bread" recipe with the "Hunza Diet Bread" recipe, which is the one attributed to the descendants of Alexander's army (apochryphal, probably). The Hungarian recipe is a yeast bread with raisins, the "real" Hunza recipe is unleavened and calls for whole-grain buckwheat or millet flour.

I suspect that the key ingredient is the water. Called in some recipes "glacial milk," it means water very heavy with minerals (glaciers grind up rocks very finely and it makes the water milky in color). If you can find ionic liquid minerals at your health food store or through a natural supplement distributor, I would suggest substituting a portion of the water with the liquid minerals. That gives you the nutrition you need to reduce (at least in part) the hunger pangs that result from a lack of nutrients in most of our food.

Haven't made the Hunza Diet Bread yet so I can't vouch for the results, but it looks reasonable. The recipe is posted in a message by "Jamers" and dated April 15, 2001, at the Recipe Exchange (hope the link works, I've not used this system before!)

Here is a link that might be useful: Recipe Exchange

Bookmark   November 23, 2001 at 11:38PM
Mervb

I got an e-mail ad from a Swedish sender requesting $20 USD in cash,for this 'miraculous' recipe. No registered mail allowed, untraceable, an obvious scam. The email address was mcmath2@juno.com. Fair warning,

Bookmark   May 18, 2002 at 10:46AM
More Discussions
RECIPE: Apple Cidar Vinegar Diet
I'm posting this again since weekly I get tons and...
hagar_ONT
RECIPE: substitutes to use in place of eggs in baking
Use any ONE of the following recipes to substitute...
Filus
RECIPE: bread spread recipe for diabetic
My husband was recently diagnosed with diabetes, high...
marricgardens
LOOKING for: Yeast Free Breads (Pita bread, flatbreads, etc.)
I'm allergic to yeast and am looking for recipes for...
Tammy Conolly
RECIPE: Low Carb Diet
I really need your help. I was told to get on a low...
rabbit8
Sponsored Products
Calypso Vibrant Bronze One Light Mini Pendant
$278.00 | Bellacor
Darya Rugs Ottoman, Black, 4'3" x 6'3" M1790-116
Darya Rugs
Red Sandstone Vessel Sink
Signature Hardware
Hughes Leather L-Sectional (4 piece) - Brighton Volcano Brown
Joybird Furniture
Standard Furniture Action 3 Piece Headboard Bedroom Set in White
Beyond Stores
Nourison Indoor/Outdoor Area Rug: South Beach Sand 10' x 13'
Home Depot
Chintaly Aldo Modern Ring Back Cushioned Dining Side Chairs - Set of 2 - CTY1202
$321.64 | Hayneedle
Chef's Special Square Platter
$24.99 | zulily
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™