craft show this weekend

Hazel_SCNovember 13, 2003

Doing a bigger craft show this weekend, in Orangeburg Sc, at the fairgrounds.........Hope it will be better than the last couple I did......

Especially since it's gonna be COLD, & the building isn't heated, so if ti's not busy, it's gonna be a LOOOONNNNGGG couple of days--10-8 friday, 9-5 saturday....

Hope to see some new stuff!

Hazel

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
silver2

Hi Hazel,
Hope your show was a sucess. And the weather was with you.

Bookmark   November 16, 2003 at 7:50PM
Hazel_SC

It was freezing cold on friday....I left 2 hrs early. I've never left a show early, but there were no customers in OUR building because we had no heat. the attached building did, but we were at the opposite side of the unheated building & they gave up before they made it to us......

Saturday was a bit better temp wise, & people wise, but they weren't buyng alot. I made almost as much as last year, & given the way shows have been going, that's good, BUT still overall almost not worth it.

The vacuum freshners did well, sold over ½ of what I took.

I think I have decided that next year I'm going to try & get into the Christmas made in the south show in December, & just do that, not the smaller shows.......IF I can get into the show........then I would only set up once as opposed to several smaller shows.....

Don't know, gotta think about continueing doing shows.....now that I've done this show, I have finally recouped all the fees I have put out, but not made hardly anything above that.......which is sad....

Good thing the web site is doing okay, as is ebay, otherwise it would be looking pretty empty at the bank......

Hazel

Bookmark   November 16, 2003 at 9:38PM
sriston

Hazel,
Craft shows around here have been lousy, too. However, we opened up a little shop in a near-by flea market (an upper-class one, not a "junky" one) and we pay $60 a month rent for our shop, which is actually set up like a little store inside the big flea market. Electricity, shelving, etc. are all included in the rental. This shop is doing great in its' "fixed" location. I wish we had done this sooner instead of messing with craft shows- it is much more comfortable (and profitable)!
Susan

Bookmark   November 19, 2003 at 8:08AM
More Discussions
Removing soda ash from homemade soap
I have been making cold process soap for about 4 years...
bsnyder
Perfume for fragrance?
Hi there, Would anyone please be able to tell me if...
Littlek18
Candle newbie - problems topping off
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the candle making hobby, but...
mrbranden
No throw soy candles - FRUSTRATED!
I've gone out and bought all of the correct equipment...
milehighcc
Hot process soap is soft
It's a beautiful soap but it is soft just out of the...
jbander
Sponsored Products
Nielson Desk
Grandin Road
AICO Furniture - TV Console Monte Carlo II - AI-N53095B
Great Furniture Deal
Flora Sepia Tan Rectangular: 5 Ft. x 8 Ft. Rug
$399.00 | Bellacor
Rose, Lily & Berry Bouquet
$12.99 | zulily
Avanity BRENTWOOD-V25-NW Brentwood 25 in. Vanity Only in New Walnut finish
$712.50 | Blue Bath
Safavieh Handmade Moroccan Cambridge Black/ Ivory Wool Rug (2'6 x 16')
Overstock.com
Vietri Set of Four Dei Medici Salad Plates
$152.00 | FRONTGATE
Kraus Bathroom Combo Set Copper Illusion Vessel Sink/Waterfall Faucet
Overstock.com
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™