RECIPE: low-carb or no-carb recipes

ElsMaMaNovember 14, 2002

A co-worker is on the Atkins diet and has a hard time with staying away from sweets and snacks. Does anyone have snack or dessert recipes I can share with her??

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
drag_on_lady

Surprised there are no follow-ups for such a long time! So, if you are still looking...

The Atkins web site has recipies and there are several very good low-carb cookbooks on the market with lots of good snacks. Also, low-carb is becoming so popular that you can find all kinds of very sweet tasting low-carb bars in many major drug stores and supermarkets. The Atkins and the Lowcarb.com website has a whole section on snacks that can be ordered on-line.

Bookmark   September 3, 2003 at 1:26PM
lindac

There are wonderful Russle Stover candies with less than 1 carb per piece. That helps a lot...
And suger free jello, whipped with powdered egg white equal to one egg....with either sour cream or whipped cream added.
Linda C

Bookmark   February 1, 2004 at 7:14PM
teri2

I think I figured that a single Hershey's Kiss is 2.4 carbs and I'll have to check out those Russell Stover candies. Thanks, Linda. I've actually make some of the no carb chocolates posted on lowcarbfriends.com but the real stuff is soooo much better. And tell your friend to check out the health food bars. There are small, snack size chocolate bars with as little 2 net carbs.

For dessert, I like the sugar free puddings. And I often mix up this one from The South Beach Diet.

SOUTH BEACH RICOTTA CREMES
1/2 c. ricotta part-skim ricotta cheese
1/4 t. vanilla
1-2 pkts Splenda

You can add cocoa for flavor or substitute almond extract and add some almond slivers.

Teri

Bookmark   February 1, 2004 at 10:10PM
More Discussions
LOOKING for: Yeast Free Breads (Pita bread, flatbreads, etc.)
I'm allergic to yeast and am looking for recipes for...
Tammy Conolly
LOOKING for: honey, oil & vinegar
I used to take a mixture of honey, oil and apple cider...
Robin Beaumont
LOOKING for: recipes for after jaw surgery
my brother just had jaw surgery and is on a liquid...
laura198
looking for: acid reflux/heartburn
I was just diagnosed with Acid Reflux. Is there a special...
cherryfizz
LOOKING for: where'd alba go?!
Back in the day, when I could drink something filling...
chery2
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™