Montgomery Ward Model 30 Sewing Machine

mrs_guildusOctober 8, 2006

I have recently inherited a Montgomery Ward Model 30 sewing machine from my grandmother who passed away. I am in love with the machine. It's beautiful and in great shape. It's mounted on it's original table which is pretty dinged up, but I love it anyway. Now, if I could only figure out how to use it! LOL. Really though, I have no idea how to thread a bobbin, thread the machine, or load the bobbin. I cannot seem to find any information on these machines on the internet, so if anyone knows ANYTHING about them, it'd be more than I know right now, and I ask that you'd please share it. I do not have a manual and I don't know where to find one. I've internet searched, but to no avail. So please, if you know anything about this machine, please tell me so maybe I can fully enjoy and use this machine. Thank you!

Gray

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
colleenny

Try this website. They sell machine manuals. Colleen

Here is a link that might be useful: machine manuals

Bookmark   October 8, 2006 at 7:45PM
mianja1_yahoo_com

I have also just acquired a MW Model 30 sewing machine, attached to its own table. I have tinkered with it and figured out how to run it. I don't have any information about what year it is or its value or anything. If you're still interested in some information, or if you've found out anything more please let me know.

Thanks,
A

Bookmark   December 12, 2007 at 12:49PM
vdwest_hotmail_com

I have purchased one from thrift shop,with cabinet & sit all in one. very neat! I am needing a power cord. It is bad. I am not sure if it works.but I think it will. If you know where i can get cords, please reach me at my email. Thanks!

Bookmark   May 9, 2011 at 7:20AM
More Discussions
Can anyone help identify these fabrics? {PB Brooklyn in Lavender}
Hi there, I absolutely love the PB Brooklyn Crib bedding...
audreyrama
foot pedal not moving needle
We have a Brother Limited Edition Project Runway Sewing...
somae
altering pants
When I take in the legs of pants, I take in both seams...
laurenjay
Dog house pattern
Does anyone have or know where I can find a pattern/instruction...
josephene_gw
Sewing eyelet material onto T shirt to make it longer?
The eyelet material is not stretch. Of course the T...
hobby_libby
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™