Creative ideas in the home (X posted in kitchen forum)

lavender_lassFebruary 8, 2011

I asked this question in the kitchen forum and thought some of you might have some wonderful ideas, too :)

Here is a link that might be useful: Link to question

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Moccasin

Lavender, you are so busy stirring the pot this morning, that I might never finish my bathroom painting job. But quickly,
I have in the past painted old plywood floors in the family room at MoccasinLanding. White with a bright yellow border. It lasted about 2 years, even with several parrots dropping food and pooping in places. It was durable, did not require waxing. I was experimenting before I laid sheet vinyl. Lot of fun to do that kind of project.

I had not thought of our Lexan windows being a creative project, but maybe so. We did them as clerestory windows in our master bath and walkin closet. I am doing the final touchup to the paint job in both areas, have yet to clean the paint off my fingers. We also created our sun porch with Lexan panels, quite strong, lets full spectrum light through for the plants and for the parrots who stay out there in warmer weather. But you knew all about that.

I'm currently designing a tall linen tower for the master bath, using a pair of bifold closet doors (12" wide, 80" tall), plus a 12" wide 1" thick pine board for the back. I'll nail it to the wall, put fixed shelves inside, and then my towels will be all organized once again. I was planning to make two of them, but decided I'd buy a shorter cabinet about same w x d for a few other things. Something that looks Pottery Barn-ish. Of course, DH is yet to make the 36" wide x 10" deep x 36" tall storage for the dip-in behind the master toilet. It will have doors to hide all the pharmaceuticals and other non-display stuff that needs to be near a bathroom.

Bookmark   February 9, 2011 at 9:13PM
More Discussions
Please, please show me your tiny bathroom
I would really like to see anything in the 30 square...
movinginva
I've lost interest in this project
The decorating forum said I needed a colored carpet...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
Mise en place
I give you a link to an NPR article about the above...
Moccasin
It's Thursday....right? Let's have tea :)
Another Thursday (had to check the calendar to make...
lavender_lass
Is anyone else having trouble getting on this new Houzz site???
If you're having trouble (which I did) use your email...
lavender_lass
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™