Cool idea for small home decor

flgargoyleFebruary 4, 2012

I'm probably the last person to see these, but here is a company that makes peel 'n stick appliques for tile! They have a variety of different murals, as well as blank stock to print your own. They are washable, and peel right off. They can be used over, so you could change your backsplash to suit the season/mood. The website isn't very intuitive (for me, anyway), but the product links are on the left. What a boon for those of us who have a hard time making up his or her mind!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tile appliques

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
marti8a

I've seen some similar. If you use them, report back how well they stay on.

Bookmark   February 4, 2012 at 8:50PM
Shades_of_idaho

This is a great idea. I need to do some thing about my light switches and plug plates. They do not look good with the blingy glass around them now. Was thinking of painting them.Going to check out what is available here. Thanks Jay

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 11:00AM
flgargoyle

What grabbed me is that you can buy the blank material, and print your own. That way, you're not limited to the size and pattern they offer. I notice their murals are sized for square tile, which wouldn't work well with the subway folks.

Bookmark   February 5, 2012 at 11:48AM
desertsteph

that looks great! will check 'em out after I get settled in.

took a quick look at the rocker switch ones - looks like they have the 'rocker' part marked on them and that's were the best of the pic is. wouldn't you lose that part then? or does it 'cut' out and you stick that part on the actual 'rocker' part?

Bookmark   February 6, 2012 at 2:01AM
Shades_of_idaho

Steph I think you put the cut out on the rocker part so the whole thing looks like the picture. that is what I got out of it.

Bookmark   February 6, 2012 at 9:51AM
Moccasin

Shades, just thought to tell you this....
When I had a mirrored undercabinet backsplash made, the glass company had the switch plates and outlet covers made of mirror. I think that is pretty standard. I know it sure looked sharp.

That was when I did my MoccasinLanding kitchen over, spent all of $5,000 on the whole job, including a new dishwasher, trash compactor, and a glass electric cook top...which I installed myself, no less, and also hung 16 feet of track lighting on the ceiling all by myself, with an extension pole (like for paint roller extension) to hold up the other end. Where there is a will there is a way.

One day, I'll dig out the old photos I saved from Hurricane Katrina and scan them...unless they are stuck together. That little house was precious to me.

Bookmark   February 8, 2012 at 11:56PM
More Discussions
Tiny add on worth it?
My small home has two doors. The secondary door is...
agmss15
Let's have tea!!! :)
I do not know if there's a Conversations side or not....but...
lavender_lass
Getting older and keeping up
Just reading Stephs recent post about getting help...
kitykat
This "makeover" is too bad to continue with. Too bad.....
" I agree with Paul8511 "going elsewhere...
pyreneesparent
I've lost interest in this project
The decorating forum said I needed a colored carpet...
lov_mkitchenIOWA zone 6b
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™