M & P Soapers

gogo3421October 13, 2008

Hi,

I am a little frustrated as I make M&P soap & I sell it on my small online website. I also sell candles & lotion etc... but I loovvee to make soap. I have not made much sales on my soap because it is not CP & I have been hearing rumors that I don't really make soap & that it is not good for you from other people that have various types of shops online as well. It seems as though it may be affecting sales of my other products. Can you lift my spirits & give me some positive feedback & facts on M&P so I can feel good about what I am selling?

Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara-s

I am not in business, but I do make MP soaps. Remember, it is a glycerin based soap that is very gentle on the skin. That is among the reasons I like it. Also, I assume your scents come from natural essential oils, which smell authentic because they are authentic.

Bookmark   October 14, 2008 at 5:12AM
kimk

I just started making M&P soap and I am getting wonderful results. I found someone who makes their own base - all natural with shea butter and goat milk. So rich and creamy. Make your product as all natural and pure as possible and then rave about its goodness! It is too bad that some of the M&P bases have alcohol and wax fillers. That is part of the problem I think. Good for you for having your own online business!

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 11:19AM
sara-s

Look to your ingredients! Everyone here is right. If your base is alcohol-free, stress that, plus the fact that it is a gentle product. And stick to essential oils, so you can call it a natural product.

Another selling point can be aesthetics. MP soap takes colors better, so you have a better-looking product. This can be especially important in selling the small guest soaps. People care about how they look.

Bookmark   February 14, 2009 at 1:36PM
jubean

I do both. To me it is exactly the same thing. The only difference is, MP has the lye cooked out in an oven or crock-pot. CP, the lye is cooked out in the gel. CP needs a bit more time to fully cure. IMO CP does look nicer in a mold.

Bookmark   March 5, 2009 at 7:37PM
jubean

Follow-up.... So sorry I made a huge mistake. I was thinking OP and CP my brain was obviously not functioning. I have not tried MP.

Bookmark   March 11, 2009 at 12:00PM
More Discussions
soy wax tarts
Has anyone had problems with there wax tarts being...
busyhummingbird68
Candle ignites. "Ooops!" batch question.
I wanted to make a larger batch of candles and apparently...
HVC2014
Adhesion problems when making candles
Ive tried all the different things that I have read...
BGlowik
Removing soda ash from homemade soap
I have been making cold process soap for about 4 years...
bsnyder
Mega melter
I am selling my Mega Melter. I used to sell at shows...
Beth1803
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™