Two questions about soap coloring

elle110September 11, 2003

Hi Everyone,

Getting ready to do some holiday soaps (halloween and Xmas) I have a question on painting soap, I would like to paint black eyes and a green stem on one of the pumpkin soaps I am making but am not sure how to go about doing this. I have several other soaps I would like to do some painting on as well.

Next, does anyone know where I can get brown soap color? I have been using spices so far to get a brown hue or a little yellow to get a tan. Ginger gives a nice brown but I am getting tired of the work mixing with glycerin etc.

Thanks

Michelle

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
elle110

I just answered one of my questions by reading down in the forum. There is already a place given where you can get brown dye but I still need the soap painting answer

Thanks
Michelle

Bookmark   September 11, 2003 at 11:39PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Hazel_SC

THere is a paint available to paint on soap, I think plaid makes it, (not 100% about the brand) you can paint on soap & candles with it. Check google, or else try your local craft store-Micheals, hobby lobby etc.....

Also, there should be a color chart somewhere to mix dyes to get brown......don't know where though......

Hazel

Bookmark   September 12, 2003 at 1:17AM
More Discussions
Perfume for fragrance?
Hi there, Would anyone please be able to tell me if...
Littlek18
Help with Candle making Please
Hi I'm new to candle making and I had bought a candle...
Bullyscents
soy candles
Has anyone used coconut oil in soy candles? I read...
busyhummingbird68
Candle newbie - problems topping off
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the candle making hobby, but...
mrbranden
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™