Candle question, need quantities please?

lady_moonSeptember 3, 2007

Hi, I am pretty new to this forum as a member. I have been looking back and forth at posting for quite a while though. My questions are about massage candles a.k.a body candles.

1- I asked one person who made them soley with soy wax and an EO. Does anyone else you this simple formula or know how it may turn out? Anyone with experience on this matter would be a great help...

2- I also have a list of ingredients (Palm Kernel Oil, Soy Oil, Shea Butter, Jojoba Oil, Hempseed Oil, Green Tea Extract, Vitamin E and may contain Fragrance) but no quantities for them. Can anyone point me in the right direction with this recipe?

Please note I am fully aware that a recipe for such a product can be pretty guarded. These are very hard to find even for purchase. I would much appreciate any guidance and help.

If there is anyone who would feel better helping me by email rather than posting a recipe on a furum, I would love the assistance. I am really looking for something basic, something I can experiment with and make my own.

Thanks in advance for any help given.

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
terri_pacnw

Reading the ingredients list you've listed..basically it's a massage bar, turned into a tin with a wick...Intersting.
Many of those ingredients I use in a lotion bar.

No experience..as I stated in another post..I couldn't imagine the cost of insurance once the company found out one was making these and the risk it could hold.

Bookmark   November 10, 2007 at 10:28PM
More Discussions
Candle ignites. "Ooops!" batch question.
I wanted to make a larger batch of candles and apparently...
HVC2014
FO's and EO's suppliers that you love?
Hi, I make glycerin soaps for gifts and sell a few....
reneea
Food coloring for candles?
If I choose to make candles again, since I sold my...
LibbyLiz
Rating the Suppliers
I am new to soapmaking. I have ordered from three of...
itsme
First time candle making, some advice please?
So I'm making candles for Christmas presents this year...
Cashmina
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™