Bazaar items?

jackierookeOctober 19, 2008

I'm trying to find ideas that are relatively fast to sew for bazaar items. Been eons since I've even been to one so no idea what is popular today. Any help?

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
barker_tx

shopping bags? (to use at the store instead of those plastic ones) - tote bags, wallet, checkbook cover, aprons w/matching potholder, placemats w/matching napkins, table runner, tree skirt....think of the kind of things someone would purchase for a Christmas gift, especially if done in seasonal fabric if purchasing for personal use.

Bookmark   October 19, 2008 at 4:09PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
susie53_gw

We used to do a big craft show each year and found the items worth $5.00 to $10.00 sold really well. Lots of people came each ear to buy teacher's gifts and such. I made homemade gift tags and I could have sold double what I made. I made 25 of the cloth jewelry bags. If you have a serger these make up fast. Other items were glass cases, casserole carriers, any type of angel or snowman sold like crazy. I made snowmen napkin rings and they were a big hit. I boxed them up with eight in a box. I took 50 orders for them.. Doll clothes and blankets..There were 15 of us ladies and we made $10,000 in 2 days..

Just have fun..

Susie

Bookmark   October 21, 2008 at 11:02AM
More Discussions
Roll call please
Just wondering how many of us made the change to Houz. Would...
kathyg_in_mi
Bernette Serger 334D - a Classic!
I love this serger, bought it used many years ago,...
gramfel
Sewing Plus Size Clothing
Does anybody here sew plus size clothing for re-sale?...
catsoup
Singer Inspiration 4210 Feed Dogs do not move
I have a new Singer Inspiration 4210 that I bought...
MaterialGirl47
Cost estimate to shorten two curtains
Anyone have an idea how much it would cost to have...
vithdude
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™