I make Pizza and My Hands Smell -- How to make kitchen soap

pgh-pizzamanSeptember 3, 2009

Good Morning....

Been doing a lot of reading and there's too much out there when it comes to making kitchen soaps...sooooo....I thought that maybe someone here has had some great success in making both a bar and a liquid soap version. I want to make it and use it at my stores for my employees.

Thanks in advance

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
sara-s

I add a bit of Spearmint Essential oil to unscented liquid soap base. That is what I keep near my kitchen sink and I like the results. (BTW, I make pizza too.) You can add Spearmint EO to a solid bar too. (About 1/2 tsp to 4 oz. soap.)

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 5:12PM
pgh-pizzaman

First...do you own a pizzeria...or are a BoyrDee Pro?

Anyhow, I have been reading about the mix of goats milk, EO of Cappucino and coffee grounds...but there are soooo many variations.

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 10:18PM
sara-s

No, I am strictly a pizza hobbyist. There are loads of good things out there, but spearmint oil is the one I have tried. And I have had good results getting my hands to stop smelling like garlic.

Bookmark   September 3, 2009 at 10:31PM
pgh-pizzaman

Thanks.....will try.....and the pizza thing must be a May thing....my bday is 7 days after yours

Bookmark   September 4, 2009 at 11:16AM
sara-s

No doubt- we are born at the right time to be good cooks! Now, to be more specific about my liquid soap. Any unscented liquid base will do.

I use Dr. Bronners's unscented liquid soap, which I order, in quart bottles, from drugstore.com. I add 1.5 tablespoons spearmint Essential oil to a quart.(I also add a couple of glass marbles to the bottle, to help the oil to mix in.)

I get my spearmint EO from Brambleberry.com. They also sell liquid soap base in gallon bottles. This may be better for you, since I imagine you will need larger quantities than I do. I hope this info is helpful.

Bookmark   September 5, 2009 at 7:27AM
dilly_dally

Do what restaurant workers do...............wear gloves.

Gloves not only protect the hands from the food, but protect the food product you are working with from contamination from your hands.

No odors. No stains. No burning from peppers. No contamination of product either.

Bookmark   August 27, 2010 at 6:16AM
More Discussions
Adhesion problems when making candles
Ive tried all the different things that I have read...
BGlowik
Homemade bubble bath?
I was wondering if anyone has made any homemade bubble...
sandylaine
Candle newbie - problems topping off
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the candle making hobby, but...
mrbranden
Mega melter
I am selling my Mega Melter. I used to sell at shows...
Beth1803
Help with Candle making Please
Hi I'm new to candle making and I had bought a candle...
Bullyscents
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™