P & L Ceylon Ivory undertone?

bbstxJuly 9, 2012

I am tired of the colors in my living/dining/kitchen: gold, sage green, and rust. I want a living room that looks like this. My sofa is chestnut brown leather so it has a reddish undertone, instead of the gray undertone in the picture. I think I can still pull off the look, but I need a cream with a reddish/yellowish undertone.

If you will look at the first picture in the linked article, the wall color is P&L Ceylon Ivory. I got a sample pot of a Lowe's-matched color yesterday. It doesn't look very ivory to me. It looks very green-ish. I haven't put it on a sample board yet to see how it will look in my room.

Have any of you used P&L Ceylon Ivory? If so, what is your impression of the undertone. Is it green?

Here is a link that might be useful: CDT Family Room re-do

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
My3dogs

I've never used it, but looked up a few images on the web. Every one looks different, but I didn't see a green undertone in any of them. And in the link below, it doesn't look like 'ivory' on my monitor at all, but a beige-y peach tone.

Here are a few -
http://www.traditionalhome.com/design_decorating/howwelive/faudree-mcbournie_ss13.html

http://pinterest.com/pin/76350156152784284/

Here is a link that might be useful: Match of Pratt & Lambert⢠2101 Ceylon Ivory

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 5:39PM
bbstx

m3d, that is exactly what I'm trying to avoid - peachy, pinky undertones. (Does that mean I should abandon looking for reddish undertones, and go with yellowish undertones? Now that I think about it, I think so.)

I finally found the website I was looking for, colorcharts.org. According to that website, Ceylon Ivory is a 96% match for BM Papaya and a 93% match for Behr's Swiss Almond and BM French Vanilla and SW Sundew. If that gives anyone an idea.

In my former home, I wanted just "a nice cream." I chose SW Martha Stewart's Heavy Cream for my bedroom. I hated that color for the entire 7 years that we lived there. It turned an icky green on the walls!

I get totally paralyzed tying to choose colors. I've made so many mistakes. Yes, it is just paint. And while paint is relatively cheap, that guy with the roller in his hand, isn't.

Here is a link that might be useful: Colorcharts.org

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 5:59PM
My3dogs

I can see why you're having trouble! I just Googled images of Papaya, and while it looks fine in the sample in the first row, look at the pinky samples in the second row, on my monitor, anyway.

The lighting in the Cote de Texas blog must have really affected the way it looks, as it did look beautiful in that pic.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ben Moore Papaya

Bookmark   July 9, 2012 at 8:49PM
More Discussions
Speaking of food...Sacher Torte
I recently found out my son's favorite dessert is Sacher...
Javachik
Fire glass for fire pits?
Hi everyone! We are doing a little project in our backyard....basically...
nini804
Exterior lighting question
We're replacing all of our exterior lights. There's...
franksmom_2010
Starting with a (mostly) blank slate--paint?
I've been reading Gardenweb for a couple years, but...
mosspiglet
Why do you decorate?
I'm sure this has come up a million times before ....
anele_gw
Sponsored Products
Home Decorators Bronze Floor Lamp: East Hampton 16 in. Copper and Bronze Floor L
Home Depot
Safavieh Handmade Soho Gray/Ivory New Zealand Wool Floral Rug (6' Square)
Overstock.com
Shower Tower Panel System with Waterfall and Body Jet Sprays
Hudson Reed
Bow Bronze Four-Light Bath Bar w/ 7-Inch Wine Crystal Glass
$352.00 | Bellacor
Wood Lamps: Hollywood 58 in. Satin Steel Lamp 4174-22
Home Depot
Blue Runner 3' X 9' Balouch Oriental Tribal Hand Knotted Wool Persian Rug P742
BH Sun Inc
Bow Bronze Four-Light Bath Bar w/ 7-Inch Charcoal Spiral Glass
$352.00 | Bellacor
ELK Modern Organics Bamboo Stems Pendant - 24W in. Polished Chrome - 19063-5