Smelly Jelly Question

KCCOLLINS1983August 22, 2011

Hello,

My fiance and I sell handmade incense and candles at local festivals and flea markets. We are considering adding smelly jelly type fresheners to our product line. Our only issue is how to store them for the long term. We do canvas paper type air fresheners and they seem to hold quite well in cello bags. I am just looking for other tried and true methods for possibly sealing the jellies to prevent "leaking" during transport. Also what is the average shelf life others have found to be for their smelly jellies. I found the average to be about three months, but have also found various other time frames. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Brent

Sorry, I can't really help, but you could try keeping them in a container which may not absorb the scent, like glass, plastic seems to eat up some of the scent for soap. And, soap will lose some of the scent after time, so maybe soap is a different animal in this sense?

Bookmark   October 3, 2011 at 8:21PM
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Krinic1985

The only thing I can think of are small mason jars with "air freshener" lids... I might one day do smelly jellys too so good luck. I hope to learn about your success in this area!

Bookmark   January 2, 2012 at 10:25PM
More Discussions
wax fruit
Hi! New here. I am new to candle making, and I was...
basil45
Candle newbie - problems topping off
Hi, everyone. I'm new to the candle making hobby, but...
mrbranden
Catalytic Effusion Lamp
Anyone know what these are? I have just bought one...
leearnold
FO's and EO's suppliers that you love?
Hi, I make glycerin soaps for gifts and sell a few....
reneea
Why does my soy candle turn color during burn?
I am wondering if I am doing something wrong in the...
HVC2014
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™