M&P soap that lathers well?

red_girl_42August 1, 2005

I have just started out making M&P soaps and I'm loving it. One problem I have is that my soaps don't seem to lather well. I have tried two bases so far--one is olive-oil based and the other The other is enriched with coconut oil because I'd heard that lathers better. It does but it's still not great.

Can anyone recommend bases and/or brands that lather up well? Thanks!

Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
red_girl_42

Ugh. I read all the earlier posts on the page except the most recent one. I guess this has already been asked! I apologize for the repeat, but if anyone has anything to add about getting my soap to lather better, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

Bookmark   August 1, 2005 at 1:15AM
sriston

I only use SFIC bases, which are top of the line. Lower quality bases won't lather well, or at least, well enough to please me. I buy my SFIC base from Acorn Soap and Candle Supply (on line). To boost lathering, you can also add one tablespoon of caster oil (the same castor oil you buy at a drug store or Wal-Mart) per pound of base.
Susan

Bookmark   August 5, 2005 at 7:25AM
red_girl_42

Thanks sriston! I just ordered some soap base from Acorn (someone, maybe you, recommended it on another thread) and it should arrive today!

Crazy question though (I'm very new to soapmaking)--what is SFIC? I just ordered the basic clear and white bases from Acorn. I didn't see anything that said "SFIC." What does that mean?

Bookmark   August 5, 2005 at 2:44PM
sriston

SFIC is a brand. Soap Factory In California, although it goes by SFIC. Acorn base is SFIC base remarketed as TKB or whatever they call it. SFIC is known for its all-natural, top-of-the-line soap base production. It is, so to speak, the cream of the crop.
Susan

Bookmark   August 5, 2005 at 7:34PM
More Discussions
soy candle wicking issues
I started making soy candles a few months ago. I am...
lorieru
New pouring/melting pot discoloration
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and candle making. I...
BeHappy1
Mega melter
I am selling my Mega Melter. I used to sell at shows...
Beth1803
FO similar to Yankee Candle Yankee True Rose
I absolutely love the "discontinued" fragrance...
monica33flowers
Adding oils to rebatch
Can anyone tell me if when I rebatch soap, can I add...
Edna Nelson
Sponsored Products
Authentic Models Flight On Top of The World
$79.00 | LuxeDecor
Safavieh Indoor/Outdoor Safavieh Rugs Soho Gold/Black 2 ft. 6 in. x 8 ft.
Home Depot
California Outdoor Concepts Capri Round Tabletop Fire Bowl - 8100
$237.49 | Hayneedle
Standard Furniture Westlake 5 Piece Counter Dining Room Set in Rich Golden Brown
Beyond Stores
George Kovacs | Grid II Wall Light
$100.00 | YLighting
Mini Ellipse Chrome Two-Light Bath Fixture with Royal Cut Bordeaux Red Crystal a
$300.00 | Bellacor
Brushed Nickel Chandelier 5-Light
PLFixtures
Plymouth Aged Iron Four-Light Pendant
$218.00 | Bellacor
People viewed this after searching for:
© 2015 Houzz Inc. Houzz® The new way to design your home™